“Not worth the price”

Ranked #35 of 181 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Small portions, very expensive and just so-so. Nothing to write home about, nothing special. Atmosphere is the same-so-so. I expected a lot for the hefty price tag....but didn't get a lot

• Visited December 2013

daytona beach florida
“good food”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

THE food is good the sides are small though and kinda a pricey plac for what yu get would I go back yes I would we had the pulled pork and chicken both excellent thumbs up to yu

• Visited April 2014
Central Florida, Florida
“southern BBQ with yummy fixins'”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I drove past this little place for 2 years and never considered eating there. In Nov. Someone asked if I would meet them there for lunch. I was taken aback by the sign that said "you will love our butts." It has that hometown feel of a place that has aged with loyal customers who have worn the floors, tables and chairs out. I hope the owner doesnt remodel for a long time because all the memorabilia is fun to see. I ordered BBQ chicken, friends ordered pork and beef. All the meats were moist and yummy. The menu offers a variety of veggies plus there is usually a couple of specials posted on a board. My favs are dirty potatoes, fried okra, and if your lucky, sweet potato casserole. Hope you meet the owner and have a chance to banter with him because he is the persona of the place.

• Visited November 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Pretty Good Stuff”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Went here on a Sunday with extended family. I had the "Killer Ribs" and they were pretty good. Although out of my four ribs, one of then was noticeably larger, hence better, because it was more meaty than the others. The coleslaw was good, as were the "dirty" potatoes. Other folks in my party were also happy with their meals. Don't know if this was a special or not, but they were selling draft beers for only $1, which is pretty low pricing. Service was fast too, so all in all, I'd give a big thumbs up here.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank John W
“Best BBQ Ever!!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I'm always one for trying family owned restaurants as they always tend to be better than the chains. The pulled pork is AWESOME and the dirty taters and mac and cheese were a big hit with my family. The staff is very welcoming and know exactly what they're doing to keep their customers satisfied. We will DEFINITELY be back as soon as possible!!

• Visited July 2013