“gods delights”

Santorini Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 181 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Port Orange, Florida
“gods delights”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Visited the restaurant for the first time on july 29 with a friend.
Had a gyros that was awesome.the portion of lamb on it was
very generous, the taste wonderful.service was quik and
excellent.Prices are reasonable.I recommend this place to
anyone .

Deland, Fl
“surprise in little 'ole Deland”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Small , a bit crowded ,not the most elegant atmosphere but the food.....wow! I had the greek salad and my mate had the fish , lemon potatoes are outrageously good , the salad huge, big chunk of delicious feta cheese on it and the best big red beefsteak tomatoes I've EVER eaten ! I don't expect a greek salad to have meat or potatoe salad on it ( I see someone complained about that ) and for 8.95 ( large )it was plenty to share. If you're a veg head this would be perfect for you .
We've also had the moussaka. Mate said the greek beer was good. fish with mushroom sauce was delish! Very good service too. :-)

• Visited August 2014
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Nothing here but excellent food”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Small restaurant, crowded, no atmosphere, merely superb food and excellent service. Our party of eight had a half hour wait on the sidewalk and it was well worth it. I have eaten on the island of Santorini and it was not a bit better than this. We will go out of our way to return to DeLand and this outstanding restaurant.

Central Florida, Florida
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

In the past I've tried Greek food that wasn't so good and when someone suggested that we order at this restaurant, I hesitated to do so but decided to give this restaurant a chance. I'm glad that I did order from this restaurant. Very good food and I've tried different entrees. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is in downtown Deland.

The restaurant is very small so if you have a large group of people ordering, you will have to do take-out.

1 Thank LucyH512
Lake Mary, FL
“Mostly Wonderful :)!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We've eaten here a few times, and it was 'mostly wonderful'. The good first:

We shared a wonderful grilled whole Greek fish that was out of this world! Lightly basted with olive oil, lemon and Greek spices... fabulous! Enough for two if you have an appetizer and salad.

The hummus was very, very nice. Served with pita, you'll enjoy it.

Now the not so great... The Greek salad. I am a Greek salad lover and very easy to please. Having said this, though it was very fresh, I didn't care for how it was presented.

#1. The feta cheese was served as just a sliced slab of feta on the top, not crumbled. So even though I could 'work' and crumble, it wasn't evenly integrated and a bite of salad was all or nothing feta.

#2. There was neither the traditional mound of potato salad at the bottom, nor any ham or meat of any kind. Basically, you get some lettuce, feta, tomato and cucumber. If that's all you want, great. But the potato salad or shredded meat I've had in other Greek restaurants have spoiled me.

This past time I did add the gyro meat for an additional $2.99 and the portion was generous, the meat well seasoned and moist. No complaint.

For the price of the basic Greek salad however, I do think it should have something more than lettuce, feta, tomato and cucumber.

Overall a great restaurant, just be clued in on the Greek salad or you may be underwhelmed.

2 Thank Linda L