“Nothing here but excellent food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Santorini Restaurant

Santorini Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 179 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Nothing here but excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

Small restaurant, crowded, no atmosphere, merely superb food and excellent service. Our party of eight had a half hour wait on the sidewalk and it was well worth it. I have eaten on the island of Santorini and it was not a bit better than this. We will go out of our way to return to DeLand and this outstanding restaurant.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Central Florida, Florida
“Wonderful food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

In the past I've tried Greek food that wasn't so good and when someone suggested that we order at this restaurant, I hesitated to do so but decided to give this restaurant a chance. I'm glad that I did order from this restaurant. Very good food and I've tried different entrees. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is in downtown Deland.

The restaurant is very small so if you have a large group of people ordering, you will have to do take-out.

1 Thank LucyH512
Lake Mary, FL
“Mostly Wonderful :)!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

We've eaten here a few times, and it was 'mostly wonderful'. The good first:

We shared a wonderful grilled whole Greek fish that was out of this world! Lightly basted with olive oil, lemon and Greek spices... fabulous! Enough for two if you have an appetizer and salad.

The hummus was very, very nice. Served with pita, you'll enjoy it.

Now the not so great... The Greek salad. I am a Greek salad lover and very easy to please. Having said this, though it was very fresh, I didn't care for how it was presented.

#1. The feta cheese was served as just a sliced slab of feta on the top, not crumbled. So even though I could 'work' and crumble, it wasn't evenly integrated and a bite of salad was all or nothing feta.

#2. There was neither the traditional mound of potato salad at the bottom, nor any ham or meat of any kind. Basically, you get some lettuce, feta, tomato and cucumber. If that's all you want, great. But the potato salad or shredded meat I've had in other Greek restaurants have spoiled me.

This past time I did add the gyro meat for an additional $2.99 and the portion was generous, the meat well seasoned and moist. No complaint.

For the price of the basic Greek salad however, I do think it should have something more than lettuce, feta, tomato and cucumber.

Overall a great restaurant, just be clued in on the Greek salad or you may be underwhelmed.

2 Thank Linda L
“I Want to Try Everything”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

This was my second visit and this tiny place is one of the best restaurants in the area. I want to keep going back to try everything on the menu. The mousaka is delicious, along with tasty gyros, fresh salads and sandwiches plus the sides of soft pita and dipping sauce. The Athenian chicken lunch portion was huge and does not have much sauce if you'd like to go that route. There are always daily specials but I have to say that my favorite thus far is the Chicken Santorini. And of course, the flaming cheese is delivered with an "opa" cry and flourish.

Nice waitstaff and clean, the only trouble will be if you go from about 11:30 to 1:15 you will wait for a table as it seems like all of DeLand breaks for lunch at the same time. It gets crowded and this place is small. If it is nice outside, maybe you can score a table but if not, give your name to a server and wait. You can order take out or hit it after 1 if you have got the time.

On one of my visits, I went for dinner on a Friday in the middle of a thunderstorm so the place was half empty but I am sure it would be full in any other situation. Great place. I'll be back. Like I said, I've got to work my way through the menu.

1 Thank josie5689
Palm Coast, Florida
“GREEK! I LOVE IT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

This place as the best Greek food south of New York. A MUST try!! Mark the server is absoiutely excellent.

Visited June 2014