“The Best”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Frankfort, Kentucky
“The Best”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The best and only (that I have found) authentic Greek food in this area! The seating is limited so be prepared for a wait. We had Pistachio and green beans he servings were generous and the sides of green beans were outstanding. The menu is filled with such a variety that one would surely want to return to try more combinations. You won't be disappointed!

Flagler Beach, Florida
“Greek Food made With Love”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I love Greek food and am never disappointed when we eat here. The Spanakopita (spinach and feta pie) is my favorite along with the Dolmades (grape leaf roll-ups) and garlic hummus. It makes my mouth water thinking about them. Everything is homemade I was told when I enquirer and the taste reflects that. This is an unassuming little place that is only lacking maybe in a little atmosphere but the food is so good, you don't even notice it really. Excellent food at a good price and the service is good as well.

DeLand, Florida
“A big WOW...”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I can see why this quaint little Downtown Greek Restaurant has earned Trip Advisors Number One spot for DeLand!

Food was outstanding, and reasonable. Hubby and I chose the Sampler (evening special), which featured Dolmades, Spanakopita, and Pastichio. We asked the waitress if she thought it would be enough for the two of us to split, as we are not large eaters. She said, well it comes with homemade pita bread w/olive oil garni, soup or salad, and a side of either green beens or lemon potatos.

Husband selected the navy bean soup, which was delicious, along with the pita bread...so soft and fresh!

Next came the Combo plate and green beans...Everything on it was scrumptious! And, not only did we have enough for two, but had leftovers to bring home!

Did I mention that we ordered coffee to drink, so yummy...made from scratch...one cup at a time! All of this for less than $20.00!

Santorini...we will definitely be back to taste some of your other restaurant selections!

If you are in Downtown DeLand, and you like Greek Food (or would like to try it for the first time), you owe it to yourself to stop by Santorini! You won't be disappointed!

Flagstaff, Arizona
“Nice place, nice staff, good food.”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The people there were very nice, and took time to recommend dishes to new visitors. The saganaki was excellent, but the gyro not so much. The pita was tough and chewy rather than soft. There wasn't a lot of flavor in the meats but there was a good deal of it.

We would go back and try other dishes, but there are some other good establishments that we would return to first.

Northern New Jersey
“FRESHNESS * QUALITY* TASTE”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We were driving through Deland in search of a gas station around dinner time. Santorini Greek Cuisine caught my attention near the old Opera House building hoping it was as wonderful as my trip to the caldera of the Greek Isles. We got a table right away in this storefront consisting of about a dozen tables, and were pleased at the speedy attention our waitress gave us. She read each special to us and gave the price. (Nice, that's the way it is supposed to be. Tell me how much the specials are. Already I knew this was going to be a good place) The menu was very hard for me to decide because everything sounded so authentic. I was eye-grazing my neighbor's meal only to see a very large portion of a lamb shank smothered with an herbal red sauce which certainly whet my appetite. On the opposite side of our table I could see a pastichio piled high and covered with bechamel sauce. I wanted everything, so I thought I would try a sampler of dolmades, spanakopita and a gyro of lamb and beef combo ($12) which came with soup/salad. My husband loves baby lamb chops and these were charbroiled ($4 ea. w/ a minimum of 3). The mousaka (dinner $11) also sounded good with layers of eggplant, potato, and meat sauce also baked in a bechamel sauce. There is even a vegetarian mousaka. Hummm, should I get the basa fish or the redfish? Not this time, because it is so authentic here, they serve it with the head and tail. All of the dinner entrees come with 2 slices of pita and a choice of rice, lemon roasted potato (my favorite) or a vegetable du jour. While we were still deciding, we felt something very hot and sizzling. It was the Saganaki, a flaming Greek cheese served with 4 slices of pita bread being served at the next table. Wow, what an entrance! I still wanted everything on this menu. We both decided on the gyro's and we were both very happy with them ($5.50). We really didn't need the extra tzatziki sauce for a dollar, but it was deliciously fresh. People, save room for dessert. We shared an order of baklava and we have to say it was THE BEST we have ever had. We ordered it with a cappucino. What a delightful experience. We will definitely be back here. The food was so fresh. We got great quality, and everything tasted delicious. No wonder why Yanni calls one of his best songs, "Santorini". It's wonderful music, and so is this restaurant.

1 Thank Higbees