Open today: 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Review Highlights
Great place to visit

I must have been on the same tour with vbflgal yesterday, since you don’t get to talk to JT every... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Suzi G
A Gem In DeLand

Loved my tour today with Joanne. So excited about this privately owned treasure. I have notified... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
vbflgal
Vero Beach, Florida
via mobile

4,072 results
All reviews christmas tour christmas decorations our tour guide grand tour christmas season current owners parquet floors different theme labor of love historical home wonderful christmas wonderful home spectacular tour central florida holiday spirit zen garden jt thompson
Reviewed March 13, 2019

We've been on two of the phenomenal Christmas Tours and the Mansion, but this year were able to take the historic tour. JoAnn, our tour guide, gave a great tour with so many interesting facts about this magnificent home. And there wasn't a single question she couldn't answer! The Stetson Mansion is definitely one of our favorite places and a must see for anyone visiting central Florida.

JT T, Owner at Stetson Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Wow...what an awesome honor to be on your favorite things to do list, thank you! I am reading your 5 Star review along with JoAnn and she could not be more appreciative for all your kind words. She is quite a gem! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Stetson Mansion but until that time cheers to exciting new adventures!

Reviewed March 13, 2019

Our tour of the Stetson Mansion with Marcia was fabulous! She provided lots of interesting information, gave us plenty of time to look around and encouraged everyone to ask questions. I was on the tour with my son, who is a student at Stetson University. It would be wonderful if there were opportunities for collaboration between the University and the events at the Mansion.

JT T, Owner at Stetson Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Alexander, I am so glad that you had such a fantastic time touring the mansion with Marcia, she is so much fun to tour with. Thank you for allowing us to share the history of the mansion and the incredible man responsible for building it, John B Stetson. We would love to collaborate with Stetson University but as of right now for some reason they choose not to do so. I still hold out hopes that one day they will see the value in encouraging all students, families and faculty to experience this incredible landmark built by their namesake. One day, one day. See you at the Mansion!!

Reviewed March 13, 2019

We took a tour of The Stetson Mansion on March 12, 2019. JoAnn, our tour guide, was excellent and made the tour fun. The present owners have done an excellent job of updating. The mansion still has the original floors, which are beautiful, plus all the original woodwork, which shows magnificent craftsmanship and the original antique windows. A must see tourist attraction in the DeLand area. We highly recommend taking this tour.

JT T, Owner at Stetson Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Roger thank you for touring with us at the Stetson Mansion, we appreciate your visit and your kind words of support. Our guides love welcoming guests into our home and as you know they have so much fun doing so which makes for a memorable experience. This is a living and breathing home and we want guests to feel that when they tour so we try and make everyone as comfortable as possible and allow access into all rooms of the mansion. Although we updated the mansion we did not compromise the architectural or historical integrity, which was a long and painstaking undertaking but an absolute labor of love. Thank you for so highly recommending that others include a tour of the Stetson Mansion when in the central Florida area.

Reviewed March 13, 2019

A lovely most interesting tour led by JoAnn. Her in depth knowledge on the history of the Stetson family, the detail of how the restoration took place and the efforts of all included, and her professional skill of leading the tour made this an attraction that I am so glad we were able to do. On our way we saw it was closed according to our google search, but we just made the last tour on March 8th 2019. The fact that my significant other owns a mansion (that he also lives in) where I am from (Erie Mansion, Clyde, NY), it was the one thing I most wanted to do. He said this was the first mansion tour he has been on where the owner lived in it as he does(not common to do so apparently). I love the architecture of old homes, and it was very interesting for me to see the similarities and differences in the approach to owning and restoring a mansion between the men who own the Stetson Mansion,and my significant other. I look forward to more mansion touring of other places in my future, but the Stetson Mansion is one that I would recommend as a "must see". Thank you so much for the wonderful tour JoAnn!!

JT T, Owner at Stetson Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I am so glad that you had the opportunity to tour the mansion Maggie, thank you for visiting with us. So you had JoAnn leading you through our dream come true....she is awesome and has a wonderful way of bringing the mansion to life. The fact that your significant other also owns a historic masterpiece is pretty awesome and it is so refreshing to share the Stetson Mansion with other historic home and mansion owners and who knows... maybe we will even inspire others to take the leap to save other America's treasures or international landmarks across the world. Thank you so much for recommending that others tour the Stetson Mansion to experience the history, architecture and inspiration within this incredible place we are so blessed to call home. See you all at the Mansion!!

Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

Amazing mansion and tour with Joann. She was so informative and made the tour fun. What a georgeous place!

JT T, Owner at Stetson Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much! We are all so excited whenever we receive a 5 STAR review that encourages others to make a visit to the mansion a must when in Central Florida. That includes residents to our area as well. JoAnn is a superstar as are all our guides and we are so honored to have them as part of the Stetson Mansion family.