“Historic and beautiful”

Stetson Mansion
Ranked #1 of 61 things to do in DeLand
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Stetson Mansion is a spectacular Victorian mansion built for famed hat maker and philanthropist John B Stetson in 1886. Situated right between Orlando and Daytona in DeLand makes it convenient for all visiting the central Florida area. This is Florida's first luxury estate and houses some of the most beautiful and intricate parquet floors in the world. The mansion is one of the first homes in the world to be designed and built with Edison electricity. The owners have painstakingly renovated every square inch of the 10,000 sq foot masterpiece while incorporating today's modern conveniences. All this was done without compromising the architectural or historical integrity. Every room on every one of the three floors is magnificently decorated and every room features a different style floor and window design There is Reservations are required $20-$30 per person and children are $15. Payment is cash at the door and we do charge applicable sales tax. See you at the Mansion!!
Reviewed December 8, 2014

The owners of the Stetson mansion, one of the oldest in Florida, have done a very good restoration wich balances the needs of the owners while being sensitive to history. The house is lavishly decorated for Christmas, but is worth seeing any time of the year.

JT T, Owner at Stetson Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2014

Thanks John for visiting us during our Christmas Spectacular nice to read you enjoyed yourself. No matter what time of year the Stetson Mansion is worth a visit for those looking to experience the grandeur and history of Florida's first luxury estate, thanks for mentioning that. Merry Christmas!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,457)
All reviews
in 40 reviews
"zen garden"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed December 7, 2014

Amazing!! A must see, I will have to see the Stetson Mansion at Christmas every year! I have lived in Deland for 30 Years and never knew there was such a treasure right in my own back yard. Debbie did our tour and she was amazing. I would suggest if you are in the central florida area to make the Stetson Mansion a must see!!

JT T, Owner at Stetson Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2014

So happy you finally have discovered what a masterpiece you have in your own backyard, we always love to share the mansion with locals and watch the shocked look on their faces as they walk through the home. Thanks for touring with us and for sharing your feedback with other locals and travelers from around the world. Don't forget to come back for the historic tour starting February. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 7, 2014

I stepped forward..but ended up floating backwards into a historical cloud of Xmas fun :-) A total delight for all on your "Nice List"!

What a cool take on your experience here with us..thank you! So happy you enjoyed yourself while touring our dream come true. Please come back and visit after the holidays. Something tells me you are on the "nice" list! Cheers!

Reviewed December 7, 2014

My sister-in-law and I took a trip over to see Stetson Mansion before Christmas. It's breathtaking. The guides are so knowledgeable and interesting. The Christmas decor is phenomenal and I can't wait to go back again when Christmas is over to get a better look at all the gorgeous woodworking and inlaid floors. The Bonsai's being borrowed over the holidays alone, blow your mind. It's very easy to find and so close to Historic downtown Deland that has wonderful shops and eateries. You do need a reservation, but you don't need to use a credit card to do it. Make sure you have your confirmation when you go. Visit www.stetsonmansion.com

JT T, Owner at Stetson Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2014

What a fantastically thorough and complimentary review Libby, thank you so much. Our guides are trained extensively and given the all the history and details about the mansion and the restoration. We always encourage our guides to take the knowledge that we provide them with and make the tour their own, and they do. Their is nothing scripted here and the guests love the personal and unique perspective of each guide. We are so fortunate to have such a wonderful team! The Bonsai from Schlay's Bonsai are incredible and we could not be happier to share them with our guests, we also love having them here at the mansion as well. Thanks so much for touring the mansion and for encouraging others to do the same. Come back after the holidays for our historic Stetson 150 tour and don't forget your BOGO ticket, you get in free with a paying guest. Happiest of holidays to you!

See more reviews
Reviewed December 7, 2014

For me, a trip to the Stetson Mansion has become a yearly Christmas tradition. This year I took 3 others with me who were as awed as I always am!! I can hardly wait every year to see what J.T. has done and this year was as awesome as every year is. Wonderful experience to see this beautiful home anytime but especially at Christmas.

Bonnie thank you so much for bringing along your friends to experience the magic and grandeur of the Stetson Mansion. It's always so much fun for me to welcome pasts guests back and watch them as they compare the decorations from Christmases gone by. We are known for never repeating our Christmas designs and it definitely keeps me on my toes. Have a happy and healthy Christmas and New Year and please pass my thanks onto your friends. Cheers!