“First visit; tried the fish, coleslaw and baked beans”
Review of Pitmaster BBQ

Pitmaster BBQ
Ranked #32 of 198 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2018

They have a Friday night (all you can eat) fish dinner which I wanted to try. Last night (Friday 21SEP18) they did not have enough fish to have the all-you-can-eat deal. I still tried the fish [flounder] ($1 less than all-you-can eat). The two filets had an extra crunchy breading, mildly flavored. I used a small amount of tartar sauce and lots of lemon. It came with two sides and cinnamon sauce on sweet potato fritters! Never heard of these before. Excellent fritters, baked beans and coleslaw. I had a bottle of Miller Lite beer and my bill was $14.40, plus $3 tip.
Next time I go intend to try the brisket!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

Have been here several times sometimes very good and sometime very awful. My husband and I went to lunch as we near there. The servers were excellent and apologized for the slow service which we did not mind since we were in no hurry. My husband ordered the smoked flash fried chick wings which he thoroughly enjoyed. I had a Burger which was okay and fries that were okay but not fried as well as I like them. I must add that the place was pretty much full. I would surely go back and have the wings.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 1, 2018

We own a house not far from the restaurant and it is simply the best if not only place in town for a Cuban sandwich. We'll be back many times Im sure...

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 31, 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed the pulled pork and ribs. Also, the baked beans were very tasty and you have to try the cinnamon fritters. Delish!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 18, 2018

First time I had their food was when it was catered at a Wedding I attend in January 2018. The food was amazing and it's the reason I decided to take my family to the restaurant on Mother's Day! The restaurant is a little small but outside seating is nice. We sat inside and our booth table was cleared off but very sticky all over. There was a long wait due to it being Mothers Day and all. Our waitress was very friendly and treated us kindly the whole time we were there. Food was great, I did hear complaints from two of my kids though. Chicken tenders were undercooked, and BLT sandwich my other child had tasted very funny. We weren't sure what part of the sandwich was bad but something was. My one child after eating half the sandwich ended up in their restroom a few minutes later and had immediate diarrhea. My kids didn't have a good experience but myself and the other two adults I were with have nothing to complain about! My ribs were delicious, burgers were good, BBQ beans are the best i've had at BBQ places, and seafood dish my father had he said was great. Even with the kids not having a good experience I still recommend this place if your up for good BBQ! Will be back.

Date of visit: May 2018