“Good food, fair service”
Review of DeLand Stockyard

DeLand Stockyard
Ranked #31 of 184 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Historic 1920's Florida building with rich history inside and out. Inside two dining rooms and a lounge and Bar. Outside courtyard and Bar.
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival, I was impressed with how quickly we were seated and how prompt our server was. We had a party of 8 and our server was right on top of things. However, as the evening went on the quality of service changed. We suddenly had different servers and had to ask several times for condiments which we finally received just as we were taking our last bite.

2  Thank jjt1993

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We found their flyer at the DeLand Visitor Center, and went there specifically for the daily special listed for that day. Got there, and that special wasn't honored; they claimed the flyer was "very old". We ate there anyway, choosing from the early bird menu (which is really just a dollar off the small-portions menu.) If you do that instead of the much more expensive regular menu, adding a side salad will cost almost $6. Service was excellent, food was ok although the medium rare prime rib arrived very rare. Atmosphere was nothing special. The house cabernet was good, and the serving more generous than many other restaurants.

1  Thank FloridaMatt2014
Dean F, Owner at DeLand Stockyard, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Thanks for the Heads up. The flyers you are referring too must be many years old. Will pick them up ASAP from the visitor center.
Thanks Dean

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Heard good comments about this steak house so treated my steak lovin' husband to dinner here. Pleasant Host/Greeter and Server. Rustic atmosphere was comfortable. Only a few diners on this Thursday eve, though more at the bar. Lots of wide screen TVs. Hubby started with shrimp cocktail served with a Gazpacho sauce...tasty. I had fried mushrooms which were good and plentiful. Exceptional Seafood Chowder! Rib Eye steak was not the best quality, but grilled right. I had liver & onions...yes at a steak house, a treat for me. The liver was cooked the way it should be but the gravy was super salty (& I like salt). With no fuss, the chef cooked up another batch served with a dollop of gravy with onions, "eh" to dollop of gravy. Second try was fine. Both entrees came with two sides and rolls. Veggies were good as well as the fries and mashed potatoes. Menu had a good selection of steaks, burgers, sandwiches, pizza, fish and a few chicken entrees. The Seafood Chowder is a must! No dessert and 3 beers with tip totaled $83. It was a bit above average meal, but would give this restaurant a second chance.

2  Thank NanC22
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Greeted nicely. Horrible horrible fat steak and prime rib. At least 50% fat. Dishes were dirty, stained. Ordered 2 cups of coffee 2 small creamers came to share. Cups were stained. No spoons on the table to stir the coffee. When we asked the server he brought 1 spoon to share. People were sending plates back left and right. One young man had to put his foot under the table to stop it from tipping over. I'm sorry I can't even say the rolls were good. Don't waste your money.

2  Thank Persnickityme
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I guess I'm spoiled being from Texas, but this place was just not worth the money to me. Service was ok. The place needs a complete redecoration...and maybe reorganization while it's at it. Prices were high for the quality of food and service. I've had a better steak in my own back yard.

1  Thank Stormyknitter

Been to DeLand Stockyard? Share your experiences!