“Worth A Second Chance”

DeLand Stockyard
Ranked #37 of 183 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Historic 1920's Florida building with rich history inside and out. Inside two dining rooms and a lounge and Bar. Outside courtyard and Bar.
DeLand, Florida
“Worth A Second Chance”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Heard good comments about this steak house so treated my steak lovin' husband to dinner here. Pleasant Host/Greeter and Server. Rustic atmosphere was comfortable. Only a few diners on this Thursday eve, though more at the bar. Lots of wide screen TVs. Hubby started with shrimp cocktail served with a Gazpacho sauce...tasty. I had fried mushrooms which were good and plentiful. Exceptional Seafood Chowder! Rib Eye steak was not the best quality, but grilled right. I had liver & onions...yes at a steak house, a treat for me. The liver was cooked the way it should be but the gravy was super salty (& I like salt). With no fuss, the chef cooked up another batch served with a dollop of gravy with onions, "eh" to dollop of gravy. Second try was fine. Both entrees came with two sides and rolls. Veggies were good as well as the fries and mashed potatoes. Menu had a good selection of steaks, burgers, sandwiches, pizza, fish and a few chicken entrees. The Seafood Chowder is a must! No dessert and 3 beers with tip totaled $83. It was a bit above average meal, but would give this restaurant a second chance.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank NanC22

St Augustine
“Oh No! Don't Go”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Greeted nicely. Horrible horrible fat steak and prime rib. At least 50% fat. Dishes were dirty, stained. Ordered 2 cups of coffee 2 small creamers came to share. Cups were stained. No spoons on the table to stir the coffee. When we asked the server he brought 1 spoon to share. People were sending plates back left and right. One young man had to put his foot under the table to stop it from tipping over. I'm sorry I can't even say the rolls were good. Don't waste your money.

2 Thank Persnickityme
DeLand, Florida
“Really?”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I guess I'm spoiled being from Texas, but this place was just not worth the money to me. Service was ok. The place needs a complete redecoration...and maybe reorganization while it's at it. Prices were high for the quality of food and service. I've had a better steak in my own back yard.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Stormyknitter
Jacksonville, FL
“Great Steak”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Ate here during Daytona Speedweeks and was very impressed. The service was quick and the staff was very polite and informative. I had the ribeye and it was cooked to perfection as were the side dishes. The atmosphere was good and I liked looking at all the old pictures on the wall. This will definitely be on my return list

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Gatorwayne
daytona
“Three times charmed”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I've been three times, and I grow more impressed each visit. I've had the burger, which was delicious, great texture and flavor and cooked perfectly to my specifications. I've had the steak, which was also very good, and cooked perfectly. Each time I noticed the cornflake/pecan crusted chicken, so this last visit I decided to try that. It was poetry in my mouth. Seriously good.
The service has always been great, and yesterday the bartender came to our table to make sure the drinks were up to par, which they were.
I don't find the Stockyard to be overpriced, it's not a cheap place, but it's not overly expensive. They serve quality food that is prepared well and there is thought and imagination that goes into the preparation.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank lbcoyote

Been to DeLand Stockyard? Share your experiences!