“Really?”

DeLand Stockyard
Ranked #37 of 183 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Historic 1920's Florida building with rich history inside and out. Inside two dining rooms and a lounge and Bar. Outside courtyard and Bar.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I guess I'm spoiled being from Texas, but this place was just not worth the money to me. Service was ok. The place needs a complete redecoration...and maybe reorganization while it's at it. Prices were high for the quality of food and service. I've had a better steak in my own back yard.

1  Thank Stormyknitter

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Ate here during Daytona Speedweeks and was very impressed. The service was quick and the staff was very polite and informative. I had the ribeye and it was cooked to perfection as were the side dishes. The atmosphere was good and I liked looking at all the old pictures on the wall. This will definitely be on my return list

1  Thank Gatorwayne
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I've been three times, and I grow more impressed each visit. I've had the burger, which was delicious, great texture and flavor and cooked perfectly to my specifications. I've had the steak, which was also very good, and cooked perfectly. Each time I noticed the cornflake/pecan crusted chicken, so this last visit I decided to try that. It was poetry in my mouth. Seriously good.
The service has always been great, and yesterday the bartender came to our table to make sure the drinks were up to par, which they were.
I don't find the Stockyard to be overpriced, it's not a cheap place, but it's not overly expensive. They serve quality food that is prepared well and there is thought and imagination that goes into the preparation.

1  Thank lbcoyote
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Four of us went on a Thursday evening. Loved the old house and pictures. The steaks were good, and a friend ordered macaroni with portabella mushrooms the macaroni tasted wonderful. My husband had the prime rib it was a bit too rare with too much fat on the meat. Good service that was friendly and quick. The only problem was the ladies restroom by the front door was not lit. Could not find the light switch, they had another one thank goodness that was just fine. We drove 30 minutes to get there for a change for scenery. the price of food was pricey from what we pay for similar in Port Orange. Unless we are down in Deland, we probably won't make the drive again.

2  Thank wisekani
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I had been to the Stockyard once before and had a pleasant meal. However, this time the onion loaf was uncooked in the center, the steak was not prepared properly, and the service was poor. They gave us a $25 gift card for our next visit, but there won't be a next visit.

2  Thank 670jimg