“Disappointed”

DeLand Stockyard
Ranked #37 of 183 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Historic 1920's Florida building with rich history inside and out. Inside two dining rooms and a lounge and Bar. Outside courtyard and Bar.
Orlando, Florida
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I had been to the Stockyard once before and had a pleasant meal. However, this time the onion loaf was uncooked in the center, the steak was not prepared properly, and the service was poor. They gave us a $25 gift card for our next visit, but there won't be a next visit.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank 670jimg

DeLand, Florida
“Excellent food & service!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We went to the restaurant for lunch. The pricing is a little bit on the high side, but the meal was well worth it! Delicious petite steak for myself and my husband had the Stockyard burger, which he raved about!
The raspberry iced tea is a nice refresher to go with the meal.
Our server was "Charlie", if you go there be sure to ask for him, he does an excellent job and will make sure you are well taken care of!
The atmosphere is unique, I enjoyed looking at all the photos on the walls of the history of the place.
Although we went there for lunch, I could picture this place as a possible "romantic" late dinner. In fact, we will most likely do that sometime soon!
The restaurant is located just a little outside of the downtown area, easy to find and well worth the visit!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank 287Sylvia
DeLand, Florida
“Not Fancy But Great Food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Stockyard isn't the fanciest place in Deland but the food and service is extremely good. Furnishings are kind of retro 90's but the service and food are what counts. Full service bar, that you can also eat at plus the staff always seems eager to make your stay enjoyable. Their steaks are some of the best in the area but make sure you order them no more than medium rare. Date ordered hers medium and it came out well done. Since she never complains about her food, chocked down what she could and smiled at the waiter only to take a large doggie bag home. Other then that, a definite place to visit when in Deland.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank timm20
“Bad lunch”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was given a gift card for Christmas. Decided to do take out. The burgers were dried out and tasteless. The fries were mushy. I'm glad I didn't pay for it myself.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank melanddonhusted
Limestone, New York, United States
“Great Place and Great Food”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I Read reviews on this place before this dining experience. When reading the reviews I was impressed that the owner made replies to customer comments. My wife and I met up with another couple we haven’t seen for many months for a social dining evening. It was one of the best evenings dining out. We were greeted at the door by a young lady and seated immediately. Beverage and appetizers orders were taken and delivered within minutes. Our waitress Sueli was very friendly and courteous. She did an excellent job explaining specials available at the time, as well as questions we had on other items. Our food was delivered in a timely manner as we finished up salads and appetizers. All items ordered were fresh, and very tasty. Our main entrees were Rib Eye steaks, and Prime rib prepared to our desires.
This restaurant was very busy and had few seats available during our visit. The atmosphere was very comfortable and easy to hold a conversation with others at our table.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Ed G

Been to DeLand Stockyard? Share your experiences!