“Fabulous Eats!”

DeLand Stockyard
Ranked #30 of 184 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Historic 1920's Florida building with rich history inside and out. Inside two dining rooms and a lounge and Bar. Outside courtyard and Bar.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Not only does this place have character but the food was amazing! We were here for a late lunch / early dinner and everything was amazing including our waitress. The meat was cooked to perfection and the fried mushrooms were a delight. If you are into fried pickles, you need to try the Stockyard version. Excellent!!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I went there last night and I'm so happy that I did. The early bird special menu was great. The rain had me down, but after leaving there I was in a wonderful mood. Management and staff were so pleasent. Can't wait until my next visit, new favorite place!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I go to the stockyard with my family at least 5 times per week. The food is excellent and the service superb. The Sirloin tips are delicious and the clam chowder incredible, the prices are very good and they have a special from 4 to 6 that is cheap!! The creme brulee is incredible too. This is by far the best restaurant in Deland.

2  Thank Denisse M
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was reading through some of these reviews, and I suspect they came when there was a transition of ownership. Things seemed to be rocky while new owners felt their way around. I've been there twice with my family and the steaks are to die for. The seafood chowder is out of this world. The crabcakes were a bit salty and the texture wasn't too great. The apple pie is great. The burgers were great. The atmosphere is great. I can't wait to try the breakfast buffet. I asked about the deck out back and the new owners are putting seating outside for live music. I would definitely go back for seconds.

2  Thank llmen
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My family and I which included my Husband, my Grandmother, and three children aged 7, 5, and 3 went to this restaurant to check them out after seeing a Groupon deal and several signs near our home. We were seated immediately at 5:30 p.m (Just in time for the "Early Bird Menu") and ordered within a few minutes of receiving our drinks which consisted of iced tea, water, and milk. We ordered everything except the appetizer and one kids meal ($4.99) off of the "Early Bird Menu" which was as follows.

Appetizer: Onion Ring Loaf

Main Courses:
Prime Rib (medium) with Baked Potato and side salad
Caprese Salad (Tomatoes with mozzarella and seasoning)
Stockyard Burger with Fries
Fried Shrimp (Half Order) with Baked Potato and side salad
Kids Grilled Cheese and Mashed Potatoes

Nothing hard right? We waited well over an hour to get the food and it came in intervals with lots of "reminders" about missing side items. I asked for my fries and the server told me that I had gotten a salad as a side (which I hadn't ordered and never received). When I told the server that was not correct, they shook their head at me. My husband spoke up and said he had ordered the salad, not me. A minute later, the server came back, fries in hand, and said "I was just trying to save you money:"

Finally received our meals and my son's grilled cheese was hard from sitting there for too long. My Husband's "medium" prime rib was well done, my Grandmother's fried shrimp were so coated in batter that you couldn't taste anything else, and although the burger was decent, the bread was so stale, it crumbled every time I picked it up. At this point, everyone ate what they could because we were starving and wanted to get out of there.

Then, the bill came. Everything we ordered was charged at full price plus 18% gratuity. When my husband addressed this error, the server tried to explain that we were wrong and the bill was correct. When we asked for a menu to compare, it took another 20 minutes and the bill came back "fixed" and much cheaper with the explanation the server was new. We were one of a total of three parties seated for dinner and each table had their own server. While sitting there, the table to our left received their meals and sent everything back. Ten minutes later, the table to our right received their food and had issues. We should have left then.

This is rather sad because the atmosphere is wonderful! There appears to be lots of history and it is very interesting. The outdoor patio area looks very comfortable and the indoor facilities are great! Dark wood tables, leather chairs and benches give it a higher end but homey, comfortable feel. If the food and the service matched the atmosphere, this place could easily become a regular haunt. They need to scale back the menu, hire a much better Chef, get a few recipes they are really good at making and stick with those!

DON'T WASTE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME or MONEY HERE!

4  Thank TDGM77