“Good Prime Rib, Good Service and more”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of DeLand Stockyard

DeLand Stockyard
Ranked #39 of 179 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Historic 1920's Florida building with rich history inside and out. Inside two dining rooms and a lounge and Bar. Outside courtyard and Bar.
Volusia County, FL
“Good Prime Rib, Good Service and more”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

Five of us were pleased with dinner at the DeLand Stockyard.
Our experience started with a shared "onion loaf" appetizer. We generally thought it was much better than the "blooming onion" served at other restaurants. These onions were very thinly sliced, coated with batter and served in the shape of a loaf pan. It did not seem greasy, just crispy. We may like "bloomin onion" at other locales. Onions are thicker and they are more greasy.
Three of five diners had prime rib...in varying degrees of "doneness". All were pleased. Although all ordered the 12-ounce size, it was more than enough for seniors and doggie bags were taken home.
The fourth diner had the top sirloin entree, approved of the way it was cooked, and took some home. It was rated as a 10-ounce piece of meat.
The fifth diner liked the seafood chowder as an appetizer, He had a pecan-corn-flake-crusted chicken entree.
The side dishes (two per entree) were good.

Two slips were noted, but did not deter much from the total dining experience. Bread and butter were promised with all entrees, but never arrived. We were devouring the onion loaf and mostly did not miss any additional bread. The menu stated that something called "Texas bread pudding" came with each prime rib entree. It sounded different and interesting, but did not arrive on any dinner dish.

No room to sample dessert. Glasses of house wine (white zin and merlot) were reasonably priced.at $4 a glass.

• Visited January 2012

DeLand, Florida
“OUR FAVORITE PLACE!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2011

Been 3 times! WE decided that every Thursday we would be there from now on. Ladies night, (ladies half off!) What a bargain!! Try the $9 prime rib, best I have had since moving to Florida 22 years ago!! Caesar salad made in house. Very extensive menu, something for everybody. Met Dean, the owner, he couldn't do enough for us! I have programmed my VOR, er, GPS di-rect Stockyard! Best, Frogger & Jan

1 Thank frogger h
DeLand, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“2nd Visit, Ribeye Steak not the same quality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

I have been raving about how great my first visit was to friends , so a friend of mine and I had dinner there last night, we sat at the bar and ordered drinks and dinner, I ordered the Ribeye steak that i enjoyed so much on my first visit, and my friend did also, the service was great, salads cold and crisp, when the steaks arrived they looked a greyish color which indicates cooking over a low heat on the charbroiler, and were very thin, but did cover the plate,a touch of my steak and i knew it was cooked well more than the medium rare i had ordered, my friends also was over cooked but he did not want to say anything, he took a couple of bites and asked for a take out box.my steak was returned to the kitchen and the bartender said upon returning that the kitchen thought my steak would be sent back. Duh, so why was it sent out in the first place! The STEAK was not the same quality as the first visit, I know Ribeyes are very expensive this time of year. looking at your pricing structure you should not have to lower your center of the plate quality.

1 Thank Bob R
valparaiso, in
“Worst food I have paid for in a long time!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

French dip sandwich was close to 1/2 sliced fat. Gross, to say the least. After removing the fat what was left was skimpy but highlighted how small this sandwich actually was. Showed the waitress the huge pile of fat and she said she was sorry. Should have sent it back as soon as I saw it. Later she did offer a dessert as compensation but that was after I told her that I had to stop eating after the second hair in my sandwich. Arghhhh. needless to say I declined the dessert. My companions steak, requested to be done medium, was cooked way past well-done and also way past edible. Had the consistency of a plank of wood. I won't be back but then I doubt that they will still be in business by the time I get back to Deland

2 Thank 1lastplace
“Good people, good food, great value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

My wife and I have dined there several times and have not had a bad experience. We have been surprised at the quality of food and there are some great values on the menu. We know the restaurant is new and have read some of the negative revues. The owner and staff are genuine and making a real effort to do a good job. We will return whenever we have the chance. Thank goodness we have many alternatives to the chain restaurants in DeLand.

• Visited November 2011

Been to DeLand Stockyard? Share your experiences!