“Great change of pace from the chain restaurants and theme parks of Orlando!”

Blue Heron River Tours
Ranked #1 of 11 Tours in DeLand
More attraction details
Owner description: We operate a 45 foot, 49 passenger Coast Guard licensed tour boat out of Hontoon Landing Resort and Marina in Deland, Florida.
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stumbled on Blue Heron looking for Groupons to use during our trip to Orlando. Almost didn't go in favor of spending another day at Universal, but SO glad we did! Captain Gary and his wife were wonderful --- saw a ton of wildlife (including 9 gators and a pair of bald eagles) and got a first-hand look at several issues threatening their natural habitat. Relaxing, educational, and overall tons of fun!

sailor1978, Owner at Blue Heron River Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Joan and I love it when our customers appriciate the rive like we do! Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review.

Hope to see you again on the river,

Captain Gary

There are newer reviews for Blue Heron River Tours

Reviewed November 16, 2012

This was by far the most beautiful,informative and enjoyable trip on the St Johns River we have taken (and we have been on several over the last few years!) No part of the journey is repeated (an unusual bonus) and Captain Gary's genuine love of the area shone through his interesting amusing (and never annoying) commentary.I look forward to taking the tour again!!

Eleven out of ten sounds pretty good to me. Blue Heron River Tours is pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review!!!

Hope to see you again on the river,

Captain Gary

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Having been a teenager in Florida, I wanted my kids (17 & 15) to see the real Florida. This is exactly what happened on this tour. Thanks, Captain Gary!

sailor1978, Owner at Blue Heron River Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

I am pleased that I was able to show you the "real" Florida. Thanks for choosing Blue Heron River Tours!!!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Early on a Sunday morning, we took the 2 hour tour along the St Johns and Hoontoon Dead rivers. Owner-Captain Gary is passionate about what he does and it shows. He is warm, friendly and knowledgeable. The other party didn't show, (their loss) and we had the tour to ourselves. Birds abundant, turtles all over, gators and yes even several manatee....what more could you ask for in Florida. It's often difficult to imagine what Florida was like many years ago, this trip will give you a glimpse!

So glad that you joined us for a tour.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have taken this tour twice, once in the Spring of this year and once in the Fall. We saw far more animals in the wild in the Spring.The two hour pontoon boat ride was worth the money in and of itself. I am handicapped and had no trouble boarding the boat and sitting in the front seat. I totally enjoyed Captain Gary's entertaining narration. In the spring we saw many manatees and alligators. I really enjoyed seeing Florida in its natural state, instead of the fantasy worlds of Disney, Sea World, or Busch Gardens. (I have been to all) Real small children may not like sitting in one place for two hours, but our first tour had a six year old who appeared to enjoy the trip. The boat has restroom facilities if needed and sells refreshments. I would definitely recommend this attraction.

1  Thank thelordisawesome

Thank you for joining us on a tour of the "real" Florida. Thanks for picking Blue Heron River Tours!!!!