“Best Prime Rib in Town”

Emmy's Time Out Tavern
Ranked #4 of 181 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: American, German, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
DeLand, Florida
“Best Prime Rib in Town”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Whenever I get hungry for prime rib it is time to head to Emmy's. I know that they have other things on the menu as well, but for me it is the prime rib. My wife and my daughter have tried other things on the menu and say they are excellent as well. The service is great and Emmy herself will usually stop by just to make sure everything is alright. Be prepared to wait a little while to be seated, this is a popular place among the locals and therefore busy. If you like fancy then I would recommend you go somewhere else, but if you love food, you definitely want to try this place out.

• Visited March 2014

DeLand
“We need to go more often”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My wife and I do not go to Emmy's as often as we should! If you want a GREAT meal, GREAT service and no "Organic" or "Farm to table" food or other gimmicks that hide GOOD food go here.

• Visited April 2014
DeLand, Florida
“Not Fancy But Excellent Food”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Emmy's is the typical restaurant/tavern. Nothing fancy but the best German/Austrian food in the area. If you don't care for the European dishes, the menu has an extensive list of additional choices but would highly recommend the Schnitzel. They also have a full bar and great German beer. The service is fantastic and the exceptionally friendly staff goes out of their way to make sure all your needs are met. Emmy, the owner is a wonderful, very attractive lady and treats everyone as if they were family whether it's your first time there or a regular. Forget the overpriced fancy decorated places and give Emmy's a try. I guarantee you'll be back again and again.

• Visited April 2014
Orlando, Florida
“2nd time German night”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

This is our second time here. The menu is small which is great because what they offer is really great. Tonight was German night i had the viener schnitzel with potatoes and sauerkraut. My wife had the prime rib queen cut. Both were excellent. The owner and the wait staff are great and very attentive. Plenty to eat if you go away hungry it your fault. We will be back. The decore is very nice & comfortable.

Mascoutah, Illinois
“Great redneck sandwich”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

While visiting the area, we noticed this little eating place was always packed for dinner. We arrived late (8:45p.m.) & hungry one evening to find the place packed again. When we told the staff that we came to eat, they told us they stop serving at 8:30. The owner then came up and told us that she was sorry we could not order this late but said the best she could do was make us a redneck sandwich. Of course I asked what that was, and her reply was, "a prime rib sandwich with German fried potatoes."
And what a great sandwich it was. Home made bread and aujus on the side. I could only eat half of mine. They specialize in German food. I will eat here again when I'm back in the area.

Visited March 2014