“Liked the food but wish the German menu was always available”

Emmy's Time Out Tavern
Ranked #4 of 181 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Liked the food but wish the German menu was always available”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had a big group of 8 go to Emmy's on a Friday night and we had a reservation. The place was pretty full and the table we were supposed to get was lingering so they sat us in the downstairs area in the back. It was a room with another group in it, I would have to say we were probably the loud ones! it was raining out and it was nice to sit in the back because there was a tin roof and the sounds were nice. The place is not posh - it is kind of run down but the silverware and plates were clean so a little worn look of the furniture shouldn't matter. The food was really good you get soup and a salad with your meal and both were nice the soup was very tasty. The only complaint I could have was that the German section of the menu was only available on Wednesday. If we had known that we would have probably not have gone as we were looking for German fare. Our food was hot and very good tasting. The staff were just ok nothing good and nothing bad to say, Emmy was very nice though I wish all her staff was like she is. The bills all came out with gratuity added to them but I did not see anything on the menu that indicated large groups had this already added. I would come back again but I would make sure it was on a Wednesday.

• Visited September 2013

Bremerton, Washington
“Great meal!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I just moved to Deland and on our first night in town we wanted to go to a local restaurant. A friend had recommended Emmy's when I told her I was moving to Deland so we decided to check it out. Talk about a hole-in-the-wall, a complete complement by the way. This place is awesome! We ate at the bar, they do have a full dining room as well. The bar is nice and dark. It doesn't have many beer choices but the draft beers come in a cold stein straight from the freezer...awesome touch! The restaurant is known for it's German specialties, unfortunately we were not there on Wednesday. Every meal comes with a huge loaf of the best homemade bread, salad, soup, and pan fried potatoes. All of which is awesome! My boyfriend had the prime rib which he loved. But, I had the chicken fettucini which featured some of the tastiest, most well seasoned chicken breast I have ever had! The homemade sauce is awesome, I used the rest of our bread to soak up the left over sauce! My boyfriend actually wished he had gotten my meal...ha ha

The service was great, everyone was willing to help and wanted to know how our meal was. The owner came over at the end of our meal to personally greet us and hear about our meal. Wow! We will definitely be back, hopefully this time on Wednesday for their German specialities :)

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank savvyc
deland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Service Great Food”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We have been going to Emmys for years the food is consistent and the service is great she is so personal , the prices are fair and the prime rib is Great!! The DJ does a great job and it so nice to go out and hear music.

• Visited May 2013
DeLand, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow,Wow, To good German cooking”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Lots of good german cooking, Emma comes around personally to see you like you are her friend, Lots of food and good service

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Rosemarie M
Cobourg, Ontario, Canada
“Truly a great restaurant with great german food a great service”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was our second visit to this restaurant...........the owner Emmy a super german lady fusses after her guests ......serves great food and most of all the prices are reasonable....there is a sports kinda bar as you walk in and a nice dining room although quite busy but the service is great and the portions are huge so come prepared to eat

• Visited March 2013