“Quality Shows + Talent That Rivals Broadway”
Review of Athens Theatre

Athens Theatre
Ranked #6 of 78 things to do in DeLand
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Last night we saw Le Miserables, our third show at this venue. I had seen Le Mis 4 times on Broadway and twice at other theaters, plus the movie, and several of the characters were better than the best I'd seen so far. It's hard to believe this is local amateur talent. What a great way to support the local arts and at the same time enjoy a fabulous show. This is a MUST SEE!!!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I agree that the off Broadway performances of "Les Miserable" at the historic Athens Theatre are a great value. Great acting, dancing, singing, and variety of entertainment, with excellent seating throughout the theatre for $20 or less! From and insider's view, Theatre Manager, Dennis Jefferson and the wonderful volunteers who great every visitor and theatre patron, are the best part of the deal. The theatre crew make the Athens Theatre DeLand, Florida's most popular weekend attraction for customer hospitality and family entertainment.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I went to see "les Miserable" on Sunday. The theatre was wonderful. There are no bad seats at all. It is an oldie but goodie. It was first opened in 1922. The theatre has great history and is located in downtown Deland. It has a wonderful manager Mr. Jeffries ( I think, he has a really cool waxed mustache) Anyway he helped us with the handicapped seating for my dad. He was so kind he took us and showed us the choices we had. He really went above and beyond.
They serve wine and beer at the beginning and during intermission. You are free to stroll outside and enjoy your drink till curtain call. The play was so goodI am thinking of going again before it closes.
All in all it is a wonderful theatre with a rich history and the prices are so cheap it's unbelievable. I paid 22.00 and 19.00 for senior. I am going to see Jesus Christ superstar at the Amway areana for over $100.00 a seat.
This is a great place to see great shows at a reasonable price. You can't beat it.
Go! You won't be sorry.

5  Thank Work2travelfl
Reviewed March 30, 2014

They have a variety of plays offered through the year. Great for couples, family and friends. Nice to have something different to do.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

The theater is a renovated historic downtown DeLand building. They did an amazing job renovating it! When I go there, I sit and think about how things were back when it originally opened.
We have been here several times, and the plays that we saw were excellent! We try to go here every year for my birthday, it's an excellent way to celebrate!

Been to Athens Theatre? Share your experiences!