“Great historical theatre, you can't get a better value!”
Review of Athens Theatre

Athens Theatre
Ranked #7 of 78 things to do in DeLand
Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great historical theatre, you can't get a better value!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I went to see "les Miserable" on Sunday. The theatre was wonderful. There are no bad seats at all. It is an oldie but goodie. It was first opened in 1922. The theatre has great history and is located in downtown Deland. It has a wonderful manager Mr. Jeffries ( I think, he has a really cool waxed mustache) Anyway he helped us with the handicapped seating for my dad. He was so kind he took us and showed us the choices we had. He really went above and beyond.
They serve wine and beer at the beginning and during intermission. You are free to stroll outside and enjoy your drink till curtain call. The play was so goodI am thinking of going again before it closes.
All in all it is a wonderful theatre with a rich history and the prices are so cheap it's unbelievable. I paid 22.00 and 19.00 for senior. I am going to see Jesus Christ superstar at the Amway areana for over $100.00 a seat.
This is a great place to see great shows at a reasonable price. You can't beat it.
Go! You won't be sorry.

Visited April 2014
5 Thank Work2travelfl

Deltona, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Special night out”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

They have a variety of plays offered through the year. Great for couples, family and friends. Nice to have something different to do.

Visited December 2013
DeLand, Florida
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Beautiful Historic Building”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The theater is a renovated historic downtown DeLand building. They did an amazing job renovating it! When I go there, I sit and think about how things were back when it originally opened.
We have been here several times, and the plays that we saw were excellent! We try to go here every year for my birthday, it's an excellent way to celebrate!

Visited December 2013
Deland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a lovely little theatre”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My sister-in-law and I saw Hair Spray. The cast was fabulous and the music delightful since we are baby boomers, we really appreciated it. We loved the look of the theatre and will go back and catch another play, soon.

Visited February 2013
DeLand, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Odd Couple was enjoyable! Cast was good!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Nice cozy theatre in the heart of Deland. Not a bad seat in the house. Prices vary on productions there and the length of run. Acoustics are decent and lighting is good.

Visited November 2013

Been to Athens Theatre? Share your experiences!