“Business as Usual”
Review of Sweet Spot

Sweet Spot
Ranked #2 of 8 Dessert in DeLand
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Amazing as usual. Clean and friendly and the homemade ice cream is incredible! Good selection of ice cream, frozen yogurt and gelato.

There are newer reviews for Sweet Spot

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Sweet Spot has the best homemade ice cream in DeLand, in Volusia County, and probably within an even wider radius. Jimmy and Melissa are both exceptionally friendly and welcoming, and it's always a pleasant visit on all fronts. Having only tried something other than ice cream on one or two occasions and seeing pictures of all the cheesecakes and other cakes, I can only imagine what I'm missing! Nonetheless - highly recommended!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I had a wonderful chat with the owners, Melissa and Jimmy Brissey, while they made delicious looking ice cream. I couldn't wait to try some! I was actually there to order a specialty cake for a party for my sister and brother-in-law who had just gotten married. I have never really been an ice cream lover and now I know it's just because I have never been in the right shop. Their ice cream is fabulous! I tried orange ginger, chocolate salted toffee, lemon basil, and creme brulee. There were many other flavors, too.
The wedding cake Melissa made for me was perfect. (see photo) The newlyweds got married on their dock on a small lake, hence the bride and groom duckies. It was a delicious vanilla cake with amaretto icing with the ducks floating in the lily pads on a lake. I also bought 3 pints of ice cream so our guests would have choices. It was all absolutely perfect, especially the leftover ice cream! :-)

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Had two cones and a strawberry ice cream poptart ... all tasty and quickly served. Not the most spectacular inside .. but GOOD ice cream

Reviewed May 15, 2014

No, I am not supposed to eat ice cream, but I cannot NOT go by this sweet treat shop - it is super and the young couple who own it do a great job with their home made flavors.