“Loved it!”

Ranked #12 of 181 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, International, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: ZAGAT Guide:TOP Orlando Restaurant & America's Top Restaurants. Cress is a critically acclaimed global brasserie, with Farm-to-Table cuisine, located in Historic Downtown DeLand, Florida. Cress has always been dedicated to sourcing local produce that is inspired by the subtle changes in the Florida seasons. The cornerstone of the restaurant blends fresh market ingredients, exotic flavors, and refined presentation. Our serving staff creates a dialogue about food; for Cress is about the story or our land. The goal is to provide a connection that complements the complexity of the food the Cress kitchen creates with where our food comes from and with the individuals who are growing them. Knowing your farmer, dairyman, cattlemen, and fishermen. Offering 3-Course and Chef's Tastings only.
Orlando
“Loved it!”
Reviewed August 7, 2009

We went to Cress with high expectations and were not disappointed. We've been three times, now and have brought more people with us each time. The food is always exceptional. I recommend taking each plating as is. The chef has put thought into the appropriate garnish to go with each entree. That having been said, the grits are incredible. The exotic ingredients, like ostrich and bison are as amazing as the more common ones, prepared with uncommon flair. Granted, the price is high, but the food and the atmosphere are unparalleled in the area. They do have room for improvement in the service and organization of reservations which tend to be scattered an confused.

1 Thank OrlandoFoodie

bsndirector
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Finally...a dining experience in DeLand!”
Reviewed June 18, 2009

My wife and I just enjoyed an incredibly fulfilling experience at Cress in DeLand. More than simply "good for DeLand," Cress offers a thoughtful, well-excecuted menu with an efficient yet appropriate wine selection at what I would consider market price. The chef prepares each dish with mathematical precision using the freshest ingedients available - including many locally grown organic vegetables and herbs. The dessert menu is somehwat slight, but there is not a miss to be had with the entrees and appetizers. The service was better than what you would expect to find in DeLand; what was lacking in high-end professionalism was certainly made up for in amicability. The atmosphere is cozy and intimate (tables are a little crowded) and the decor is still (I hope) a work in progress. Despite the minor flaws, this is absolutely the most creative and best executed food in a 30 mile radius. I highly recommend at least trying Cress before you drive 45 to 60 minutes to Orlando or further.

1 Thank bsndirector
Deltona
“The Best in Voluisa”
Reviewed June 16, 2009

This restaurant exceeded our expectations. We are fortunate to have dined here many times. I was saddened to read other reviews that appear untruthful in the negative remarks; dare I say false reviews by other competitors?

Some of the highlights are the: prix fixe menus, seafood, foie gras specials (when he has them), Kobe beef burger for lunch, the wine, and wine pairings. The Chef and his wife are always gracious, having been given complimentary ostrich and port samples. The service is efficient, yet unobtrusive and professional. The setting allows for a comfortable relaxing meal.

When one is dines here, one is looking for a dining experience, it's difficult to rank this restaurant with the other restaurants in DeLand or Volusia County. Can't really say, as another review alluded to that one restaurant is better than Cress. It's like comparing watermelon to hotdogs. This place is not for everyone. But if you enjoy excellent food, wonderful service, and a personal touch, Cress is the Best in Volusia County.

1 Thank KattyRichards
Dunsfold, Surrey
“Best Restaurant in Florida”
Reviewed June 16, 2009

For the past five of six years I have travelled to Florida and eaten in many restaurants - Cress was a total breath of fresh air. The food was sophisticated, full of varied & complementary flavours and well balanced with sensible portions - not what I've been used to in other restaurants before which seem to want to impress you with volume rather than quality.

Hari & Jennefer pampered us, genuinely seemed to enjoy entertaining us as their guests, talked us through the wines that they had chosen for us and even sat with us for a while sharing their story (at our invitation).

I strongly recommend a visit to Cress if you are able, certainly above anything else available in Deland.

1 Thank NickL-B
Deland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OUTSTANDING SERVICE AT A LOVELY PLACE!”
Reviewed May 27, 2009

I am a young lady who loves taking chances and experiencing new cusine in Deland. Upon visiting CRESS I know I will return. After walking through the doors to find myself in an unexpected, elegant, fabulous place; I was immediately greeted by a smiling face who seated us at a window seat. We were pleased right away. It took only a few minutes before we were beginning our lucious lunch. To top the great service off, she recommended the BEST dessert we ever had. We shared the heavenly fudge brownie and it was just enough. I'm proud to say Deland now has another great place to dine.....WE WILL BE BACK!

1 Thank SunnyDeland