“Finally...a dining experience in DeLand!”
Review of Cress Restaurant

Cress Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 183 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, International, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: ZAGAT Guide:TOP Orlando Restaurant & America's Top Restaurants. Cress is a critically acclaimed global brasserie, with Farm-to-Table cuisine, located in Historic Downtown DeLand, Florida. Cress has always been dedicated to sourcing local produce that is inspired by the subtle changes in the Florida seasons. The cornerstone of the restaurant blends fresh market ingredients, exotic flavors, and refined presentation. Our serving staff creates a dialogue about food; for Cress is about the story or our land. The goal is to provide a connection that complements the complexity of the food the Cress kitchen creates with where our food comes from and with the individuals who are growing them. Knowing your farmer, dairyman, cattlemen, and fishermen. Offering 3-Course and Chef's Tastings only.
Reviewed June 18, 2009

My wife and I just enjoyed an incredibly fulfilling experience at Cress in DeLand. More than simply "good for DeLand," Cress offers a thoughtful, well-excecuted menu with an efficient yet appropriate wine selection at what I would consider market price. The chef prepares each dish with mathematical precision using the freshest ingedients available - including many locally grown organic vegetables and herbs. The dessert menu is somehwat slight, but there is not a miss to be had with the entrees and appetizers. The service was better than what you would expect to find in DeLand; what was lacking in high-end professionalism was certainly made up for in amicability. The atmosphere is cozy and intimate (tables are a little crowded) and the decor is still (I hope) a work in progress. Despite the minor flaws, this is absolutely the most creative and best executed food in a 30 mile radius. I highly recommend at least trying Cress before you drive 45 to 60 minutes to Orlando or further.

1  Thank bsndirector
There are newer reviews for Cress Restaurant

Reviewed June 16, 2009

This restaurant exceeded our expectations. We are fortunate to have dined here many times. I was saddened to read other reviews that appear untruthful in the negative remarks; dare I say false reviews by other competitors?

Some of the highlights are the: prix fixe menus, seafood, foie gras specials (when he has them), Kobe beef burger for lunch, the wine, and wine pairings. The Chef and his wife are always gracious, having been given complimentary ostrich and port samples. The service is efficient, yet unobtrusive and professional. The setting allows for a comfortable relaxing meal.

When one is dines here, one is looking for a dining experience, it's difficult to rank this restaurant with the other restaurants in DeLand or Volusia County. Can't really say, as another review alluded to that one restaurant is better than Cress. It's like comparing watermelon to hotdogs. This place is not for everyone. But if you enjoy excellent food, wonderful service, and a personal touch, Cress is the Best in Volusia County.

1  Thank KattyRichards
Reviewed June 16, 2009

For the past five of six years I have travelled to Florida and eaten in many restaurants - Cress was a total breath of fresh air. The food was sophisticated, full of varied & complementary flavours and well balanced with sensible portions - not what I've been used to in other restaurants before which seem to want to impress you with volume rather than quality.

Hari & Jennefer pampered us, genuinely seemed to enjoy entertaining us as their guests, talked us through the wines that they had chosen for us and even sat with us for a while sharing their story (at our invitation).

I strongly recommend a visit to Cress if you are able, certainly above anything else available in Deland.

1  Thank NickL-B
Reviewed May 27, 2009

I am a young lady who loves taking chances and experiencing new cusine in Deland. Upon visiting CRESS I know I will return. After walking through the doors to find myself in an unexpected, elegant, fabulous place; I was immediately greeted by a smiling face who seated us at a window seat. We were pleased right away. It took only a few minutes before we were beginning our lucious lunch. To top the great service off, she recommended the BEST dessert we ever had. We shared the heavenly fudge brownie and it was just enough. I'm proud to say Deland now has another great place to dine.....WE WILL BE BACK!

1  Thank SunnyDeland
Reviewed May 22, 2009

I dined at Cress with two friends for lunch. What I did not like about this place was the service was resentful and slow. The food was mediocre at best. The portions were laughable. The prices were unrealistic for the taste and presentation. We will not return and we work in downtown DeLand. The only thing that I liked about this place was the location-nothing else. (The bathrooms were embarrassing!)

8  Thank Tinkvasi