Tripadvisor
Search

“Won't likely be back”

St. John's River Grille
Ranked #52 of 191 Restaurants in DeLand
Description: St. John's River Grille is a newly constructed restaurant on the property on St. John's Marina & Resort directly overlooking the St. Johns River. The grille is a casual dining experience with a beautiful view of the river from its rooftop tiki bar. There is also a bar inside with tvs surrounding the bar. We have live music every Saturday and Sunday.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went with a group. Many orders were messed up and missing sides, one person waited 45 minutes and still wasn't served. They lost her order despite telling her repeatedly that it was coming in just a few minutes. By the time she finally was served, everybody else was almost done eating. They did comp her meal and apologize, but it didnt make up for 4 separate times over 45 minutes being told it would be right up...
View of river is nice, staff was very friendly, food overpriced and average. Fries were great, coleslaw slimy. Portions generous.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (146)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited on MLK Monday for lunch. We like dining here with the view of the river and their food! DH had a Giant pretzel for an appetizer and I had their cheese sticks. They were both really good. DH had a cheesesteak and loved it! I had grilled shrimp dinner with veggies and tater tots. The shrimp was cooked perfectly and it was yummy! I enjoyed my lunch and so did DH. Our server was nice but they had her spread out between the outside and inside tables with several large parties. She was as attentive as she could be. They should have scheduled more wait staff on a holiday. People that are off, would probably stop by and they didn’t seem to have a lot of waitresses. That is the only reason why I didn’t give them 5 stars. This is a fantastic place to frequent and we are here every month or so. Come on in and enjoy!

Reviewed January 17, 2020

We ate here before our afternoon Blue Heron River Tour. The Mahi Reuben was outstanding! Great place to enjoy your meal overlooking the river.

Reviewed January 10, 2020

The best part about this place is probably the view and rooftop deck. We stopped in because we were walking around by the river and smelled the food. It smelled delicious and we decided to have a late lunch/early dinner here.
We were seated quickly in a huge booth that more than comfortably seated our family of five.
Our waitress was friendly and attentive. She got our drinks and took our order pretty quickly.
We were right next to the bar and there was a game on. the patrons were very noisy and were yelling for their team. I get that for a bar but it seemed strange for a normal restaurant to be like that.
We ordered a chicken tenders for our kids to share. The tenders were huge and there were more than enough for them to share but I felt that the $3 extra charge for a small basket of fries was a bit much. Especially when added to the pretty high cost of regular chicken tenders. The tenders and fries were both well seasoned and pretty good though.
My fried fish sandwich was ok, the fish was cooked well and was nice and flaky but the batter had zero seasoning. I got a side of tartar sauce but it was sweet so that didn't help much. My husband said the same about his burger, it was ok it just didn't have any taste. I felt the prices were way too high for such average food.
I've seen this place a million times and never stopped in. Now I've tried it and it's probably not a repeat for us.

Reviewed January 1, 2020

I went with a group of people arriving at the restaurant between 7:00 -7:30 pm. One group went upstairs and the other group (which I was in stayed downstairs). The group downstairs was given a limited menu and the service was so so. I ordered a fish sandwich. When the orders came out, mine did come out and it was 5 minutes before it did. The fish sandwich wasn't on a bun but a sub roll (I couldn't understand this as normally a fish sandwich comes on a round bun). The fish sandwich was very breaded and didn't have much flavor. It was also somewhat greasy.

The people in our group who went upstairs had very good service and didn't get a restricted menu. The food that they got was very good. I guess I should have gone with them as they had a good meal.

Date of visit: December 2019

Been to St. John's River Grille? Share your experiences!