“4th of July Special! ”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Most restaurants were closed so finding an establishment open for our hungry, foodie family with almost 3 year old toddlers, grandma and hubby and I was a challenge. We found this gem!
We ordered the Johnny sandwich at lunch, with children's grilled cheese, corn dogs, sides, onion rings & sides... We loved all of it!
We enjoyed our meal which was fresh, well seasoned and perfectly grilled and prepared we returned for dinner. The grouper was delicious! I'm so happy when able to find a great seafood restaurant that does a variety of preparations since I don't eat fried. The keylime cake is divine!
The staff are very friendly and the owner checked on us both times. We will definitely visit again when in the area!

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (426)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Atmosphere uninviting
...The fish 'n chips were okay. Fish was dry....Actually, Captain D's serves a more appetizing meal in a brighter atmosphere..for less $. - For truly fresh seafood, there are better choices in the DeLand area.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed September 4, 2019

Frozen French fish okay not our favourite hopefully they do not get their fish from China didn't ask. Friendly staff

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed September 4, 2019

This is a nice place to go to to get delicious fried shrimp and their cake is delicious and we always take a piece home with us because we are always too full to eat it in the restaurant Get the friend onions...they are shaved and so yummy and unusual to get..I have family that live an hour and a half away and they pick this spot as a central place to meet for family meals.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 1, 2019 via mobile

o have eaten may times and this night ordered softshell dinner. I have had this before. well first thing when delivered onions rings appeared to be cooked before and refried to warm up. waitress took back and then cut the softshell crabs over cooked dried out so bad no real flavor. could hardly eat the bodies lots sauce. I asked the waitress the cooks name. I will ask whi is cooking as had similar experience with clam bellies.

I think he needs to be replaced. ashame to ruin great dishes by destroying them.

Date of visit: September 2019

Been to DeLand Fish House? Share your experiences!