“Convenient 1 night stopover, clean and good service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 DeFuniak Springs

Super 8 DeFuniak Springs
Super 8 DeFuniak Springs
Perth, WA
“Convenient 1 night stopover, clean and good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a 1 night stopover on a road trip Fort Myers to New Orleans. Choose De Funiak Springs because we wanted to go to New Orleans via Seaside.

It was our first Super 8, we chose it based on the Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed; in fact we were pleasantly surprised. Check-in was smooth, the room was clean and tidy and very importantly we got the room position we requested, i.e. 2nd floor at the back away from the highway - and it was non-smoking and didn't smell of smoke...yipee.

The location is very convenient for tired drivers as it is just off the highway.

We drove into the town to get beer and food - plenty of options. You could also just walk or drive the 300m or so to the steakhouse.

Breakfast was simple but adequate, for the price paid we thought this motel was excellent value, ($45 for a king). Gave us the confidence to use Super 8 again.

Room Tip: a room on the 2nd floor towards the back to avoid highway noise, (and away from the ice machine)
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BarbGrae
stevepatel1959, Manager at Super 8 DeFuniak Springs, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Thank you for stopping at out Super 8, and we are pleased that we were able to meet all you requests.
We take pride in offering a clean room, thanks for noticing.
We hope to see you next time you pass through.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Pearland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

My rating is based on what I would expect to receive given what I paid. I don't know what this hotel is rated, but I would consider it a 2 star property. We stopped at this hotel on a road trip ... just needed someplace to stop over to get some sleep. This hotel was really a motel ... old style, with exterior doors. The rooms/ building were clean and well maintained. We did not want to spend a lot of money since we were only going to get some sleep and head out. This was exactly what we were looking for ... clean, but inexpensive. We travel this route a couple times a year to visit family, and we will stop here again. I would recommend it to anyone looking for just the basics in a motel room. The room has a microwave, small fridge, and coffee pot. The bed was comfortable. The AC was one of those wall units that set under the window that you turn on and use knobs to set the temp. The room was hot when we first arrived and took several hours to cool enough to where it was comfortable. It was a second floor room, so requesting a first floor room might solve that problem. I notice that many newer hotels have paper thin walls .. our room was quiet (i.e. we did not hear our neighbors). They have continental breakfast ... eggo toaster waffles, bagels, bananas, cereal, muffins, coffee, juice. Unlike some of the reviews, They have an outdoor pool. We did not use it, so I can't comment on it. I did not find the staff either friendly or rude. Just seemed that they were doing a job. That's ok .. I just wanted some sleep. As long as I am treated in a civil manner, I am ok with that.

Room Tip: Book direct with Super 8. The AAA, AARP, etc rates were a little lower than
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank clb77581
Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

All we needed after a 16-hour drive on our way to the coast was a place to lay our heads. We could have been greeted a bit better though. Overnight attendant was a bit unwelcoming and uninformative. Clean rooms and a decent breakfast to get us started on our week-long vacation on the coast the next morning! Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TravelPara
Panama City Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2010

I can honestly say that I have no complaints about this hotel. The owners and staff were very friendly and efficient. Their pet policy beats most other motels of the same level.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alboz
florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

The owner/operator was rude and unpleasant. They allowed one couple in our group to check in at 10:00AM because they booked direct with the hotel, but refused to let the other 2 couples whom booked with Priceline until 3:00 PM, even though they had ample rooms ready.
The rooms are adaquate for a nights stay, but dusty and tiles need to be cleaned. The pool is small but nice.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank buffy333Florida

Travelers are raving about these DeFuniak Springs hotels

Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2010

This Super 8 was good. It isn't new, it isn't fancy and it isn't expensive. The room was clean and smelled good. The fixtures were good. The hallways were clean and decently bright. The breakfast was below average for a Super 8 (limited selection). The staff was friendly.

Internet service signal strength was strong and the speed was adequate. The bed was reasonably comfortable. There is a restaurant on the same access road that is EXCELLEN, give it a try when you are there.

My stock disclaimer: Most of the time when people write reviews for motel or hotel, they only do it when they have a bad experience. I am writing reviews of every motel I stay in to give as unbiased of a review that I can.

The motel reviewed here is a low-priced budget, and it is unrealistic to expect it to be on-par with higher end motels, so comparing it to a higher end 2 and 3 star chain hotels is not fair... I am comparing it against its peers.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sabbath999
south burlington, vt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2009

I had a wonderful stay here. We stayed 13 nights and never had a single problem. The owners are absolutely charming, and the housekeeping staff was more than patient with my desire to sleep in without bypassing my room altogether. The breakfast was delicious and varied, the rooms are clean and cozy, the fridge and microwave were convenient, the pool was very clean, and the room was remarkably spacious. I make this trip every year and I will never choose another hotel for my stay. The beach is right nearby and the winery is right next door offering great tours and amazing wine. The hotel also offered free wi-fi and I never lost connection. Hands down an excellent accommodation for a remarkably great price!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank trinityjade05446
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeFuniak Springs
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Springs - Crestview
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Spri...
#1 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs
Regency Inn and Suites
Regency Inn and Suites
#7 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs
Holiday Inn Express Defuniak Springs
Holiday Inn Express Defuniak Spr...
#2 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs
Ponce De Leon Motel
Ponce De Leon Motel
#1 of 1 in Ponce de Leon

Been to Super 8 DeFuniak Springs? Share your experiences!