“Great location”

Best Western Crossroads Inn
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My grandma passed away in defuniak and we needed an inexpensive place to stay. This helped a lot with location. The front desk staff were great. rooms were very clean/ loved the stone shower. beds were comfortable. plenty of room. i agree with other reviews. building is older and the ground floor smelled like cigerette smoke (non smoking) but other than that it was great. I will be returning.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Best Western Crossroads Inn

Reviewed February 6, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Best Western recently and found it to be very clean and very quiet, despite being adjacent to an interstate highway. The front desk staff was cheerful and helpful. Oddly, for a smallish motel, it had a lounge and a restaurant, the latter factoring into our only real comments:

There was an in-room coffee maker, but no cream, sweetener, or sugar.

We went to the restaurant for the "complimentary" breakfast; I just wanted a bagel, and my husband wanted a coffee, to take back to the room. I understand that since it's not a breakfast room, but a restaurant, the staff has to sort out who's who, but the breakfast limitations were ridiculous. We were told to have a seat, and we did, even though my husband has no patience for sit-down breakfasts. Then we were asked our room number and informed our only choices (unless we wanted to pay extra) were "cold cereal" or "scrambled eggs, bacon, and grits". I said I just wanted a bagel, and got a shake of the head and was told I could pick something out from "that table over there". That table had pre-packaged pastries (no way in heck), 2 yogurt flavors that didn't interest me, oranges, and bananas. I ended up with the least-bruised of some small bananas. My husband did get a coffee to go. It's not much of a perk when you only get 2 choices for a meal. Who doesn't have bagels at a complimentary motel breakfast? After we checked out, we went across the street to McDonalds so I could get something I liked.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

This motel was clean and had recently been updated. One flaw is that they no longer serve the buffet at night, just salad bar and order off the menu. I had read where they had home made chucken and dumplings on their buffet. So disappointed in that respect. The longe has good drinks but expensive.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 15, 2012

My son and I were passing through the area and decided on this hotel because of the big sign out front advertising the restaurant. The room is dull looking but recently updated with a deep tub and flat screen tv. Cleanliness is good. Security isn't so great as our room has a front and back door. I never really liked that set up for a hotel room. Now, on to the restaurant! We ordered the hamburger steak with onions and a side. The good part of this, however, is the soup/salad bar. The homemade chicken and dumplings on the soup bar was awesome. The service was good. The bread was fresh. I am looking forward to the free hot breakfast tomorrow. I recommend this hotel.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2012

It has been a few years since we stayed here during our family reunion weekends. We were pleasantly surprised the place has been updated. It looks much better than in past years. We found the beds comfortable and the room was clean. A night's stay comes with a free basic breakfast of eggs, bacon or sausage, grits and toast with coffee, etc. My mom was not crazy about the breakfast, but it seemed ok to me. Maybe I was super hungry. The staff was friendly and accommodated our needs for non-smoking and downstairs room. There is a door leading to the outside so you can unload easily. Another door leads down the main hall inside the hotel. I did not get to check out the exercise room, etc. as we were tied up with family business, etc. Maybe next time...Anyway, we will stay again in the future now that it has been updated.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking, pet-free room or handicapped room if needed and they will accommodate your ne...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2012

So sad. I love best western and am a frequent guest. However I now realize that the standards in each hotel are all about the hotel's management and nothing to do with brand recognition . Unfortunately I now have to lump best western and econolodge together based on my most recen stays.

5 trips to the front desk to get my keys reset. Every time I returned to my room i was denied access and had to get the key reprogrammed.

cold soup and a very small dinner roll with roast beef & dip was recommended by the hotel's restaurant one of the more expensive items on the menu I might add

vending machines did not work and I lost money when I tried to supplement my meal

moldy sheets

by the way if you have the unfortunate mishap of ever staying at this inn what ever you do don't report your problems when you check out that will just further exasperate the situation

AND i might ad that this is not a inexpensive hotel for the area at over $80 especially when you can stay on the beach in Panama city at the Sandpiper for $38 a night very nearby.

Room Tip: drive away as fast as you can
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeFuniak Springs
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Springs - Crestview
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Spri...
#1 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs
Holiday Inn Express Defuniak Springs
Holiday Inn Express Defuniak Spr...
#2 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs
#1 of 1 in Ponce de Leon
Hotel DeFuniak
Hotel DeFuniak
#4 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs

Been to Best Western Crossroads Inn? Share your experiences!