“A great surprise after all these years”
Review of Hotel DeFuniak

and 1 more site!
Hotel DeFuniak
Tampa, Florida
“A great surprise after all these years”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We were happy to discover The Hotel DeFuniak and to meet the wonderful people who run it and work there. The historic building is full of character, and each room has it's own personality. Our room was pretty small, but it was nice. Our adult children were in the suite with two rooms. It was a little more spacious and worked out perfectly. We enjoyed each breakfast we had, as the food was delicious. The adjoining restaurant was bustling with guests who were all enjoying themselves. Since we were not eating a meal, we sat at the bar and had a wonderful time chatting with the owner/bartender.

Although I have been visiting my father in DeFuniak Springs for years, the charm of the area was never brought to my attention. The historic downtown area is quaint and the lake is a beautiful setting for walking. My family enjoyed our stay very much and look forward to coming back soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Katina J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hotel DeFuniak on Christmas Eve 2013. We found the hotel’s history and character engaging, the parlor enticing, and the bed so comfortable I didn’t want to get up in the morning! We had arrived exhausted from highway driving on a chilly winter day and the parlor's warm fire was welcoming. I lingered there after dinner, chatting with the proprietor, Tom, before retiring to my room. I must also say the morning breakfast is a standout—simple, elegant, and thoroughly delicious! It was a wonderful change from the fast-food breakfasts and hotel buffets that we typically get when traveling. I look forward to visiting Hotel DeFuniak again.

Room Tip: We were very comfortable in the room we were assigned on the second floor,
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Cedar Key, Florida
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful surprise, the internet photos don't do this place justice. Extremely clean, well decorated and very comfortable. Thr owners walk you through some history of the building, even shown to the room, that is rare! I will be back!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank everymilesamemory
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We went in w no expectations and just wanted to break up our 17 hr trip. Just like the reviews said, Tom and Pam were absolute sweethearts and made us feel right at home. As a matter of fact, Tom set up our reservation for dinner at Bogeys on his own accord, which I thought was so kind and helpful. We arrived to a lit fire in the hotel lobby. So nice and warm and welcoming. He called the restaurant(conveniently connected) to let them know we arrived and would be over in a few. We truly felt like royalty. The food was great and breakfast the next morning did not disappoint either. Tanell and Brian (staff) were just as nice and Brian gave us a tour of the upstairs and I took pictures of the rooms with antiques and then he took us over to the speak easy right next door before we departed. Hotel DeFuniak is so charming and quaint and the inn keepers and staff are awesome. So glad we got to visit this 1920's gem and we will absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank AEstatico
HotelDefuniak, Manager at Hotel DeFuniak, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for your kind words in your review. We really enjoyed having you and your family stay with us. Hope to see you back in the near future.
mississippi
Reviewed December 30, 2013

All our road trips to Florida take us pass DeFuniak Springs...we always stop there, we love the community but the Hotel DeFuniak is the driving force pulling us off I-10. My wife and I
are always amazed by the friendly or helpful staff that consistently greets us even before we
arrive. The Hotel DeFuniak redefines excellent customer service...we especially enjoy the very cozy and friendly downstairs parlor where guests seem to gather for fellowship each evening.
Upstairs each room is unique in it's furnishings offering a very comfortable and restful
night of sleep. In summary, the Hotel DeFuniak makes all this look so easy but being fairly
well traveled I conclude my review...this style of hospitality is extremely hard to find!

Room Tip: Let the staff pick the perfect room for you....
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Coffeeville, Alabama
Reviewed December 21, 2013

My husband and I have visited the Hotel for several years and it only gets better. We love going in December to see the Christmas lights.....a must see.
Tom, Pam, Tannell and Brian are the best host you could ever wish for. We have only been home a week and I'm already missing my home away from home.

Room Tip: We loved the executive suite downstairs....it's our room of choice.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Navarre, Florida
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This hotel is beautiful. It is decorated with antiques and period furniture. The hotel is an old one, so bear that in mind, one of our rooms had peeling paint on the walls, but this did not detract from the beauty of the room. The owner, Tom and his staff are amazing, going out of their way to make sure that we had everything we needed and that we were comfortable. We took a stroll around the lake to see the beautiful Christmas Lights, always fun. Breakfast was homemade and delicious. I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to staying again.

• Stayed December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeFuniak Springs
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Springs - Crestview
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Spri...
#1 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs
Best Western Crossroads Inn
Best Western Crossroads Inn
#2 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs
Holiday Inn Express Defuniak Springs
Holiday Inn Express Defuniak Spr...
#3 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs
#7 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs
Ponce De Leon Motel
Ponce De Leon Motel
#1 of 1 in Ponce de Leon

Been to Hotel DeFuniak? Share your experiences!