“Excellent”

Hart's Fillin' Station
Cuisines: American
Description: We are a family owned and operated restaurant specializing in southern favorites along with our own twist on seafood, soul, and bar b q. Our desserts are amazing. We use only the freshest, finest ingredients available. Supporting the many local farmers! Please stop by and let us "fill you up". We are open Wednesday thru Sunday for lunch from 11:00am - 3:00pm. Also open for supper Friday and Saturday night from 5:00-9:00.
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

The food was awesome. Will stop here every time I travel through. Be sure to get dessert. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Aim36

Central Florida, Florida
“Not Really Worth the Stop”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This restaurant is out in the country on Highway 331. Lots of tourists use this road to go to Destin or Sandestin. We went on Saturday evening and there were 3 other tables occupied. I am a Southerner so when I read the other reviews, I was excited about going. My thoughts of homemade fried chicken or baked ham or any other classic meats and real Southern vegetables made my mouth water. None of that was available at this restaurant. There is a blackboard with 2 meats and 3 sides which were baked potato, roasted cauliflower and salad bar (not traditional Southern vegetables). The meats were steak with stuffed shrimp and shrimp and grits. Also offered was gumbo. That is Louisiana cooking not classic Southern cooking. I would have been alright with that if it had been good. The steak was a small sirloin and the stuffed shrimp tasted pre frozen. The shrimp and grits were undercooked and flavorless. We would have sent them back but the service was bad. One teenage girl was attentive but she said she wasn't allowed to take things back or even give us the check at the end. To expedite things, we went to the cashier with no check. We stood at the cashier's counter waiting for quite a while because the people in front of us couldn't pay with their credit card. The reason they couldn't pay was because one of the employees was on the phone talking to her kids and wouldn't get off the phone. Credit cards can't be run with no phone line. The owner who was the cashier as we were leaving apologized for this as she kept going to the back to get the phone line freed. The two positives that I can mention- the potato salad on the salad bar was outstanding and the rolls were delicious. Everything else was mediocre at best. I would not recommend this restaurant as a good place to stop.

• Visited April 2013
DeFuniak Springs, Florida
“Gourmet Country at It's Best!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Hart's Fillin Station has become one of our all time favorites. Delores and her family work very hard at creating some of the finest food on the planet. Their menu includes desserts that are to die for. Located between Paxton and DeFuniak Springs, Florida on U.S. Highway 331, they are the perfect spot to stop when traveling to the Beaches of South Walton. For those of us that are local, the restaurant is one of the most peaceful and delightful places on the planet. The history of the building and the family is unique. These dear sweet people have worked very hard at creating a very comfortable and rewarding dining experience. You have got to try "em". I promise you will not be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Ron P
Birmingham, AL
“Wonderful southern country cooking”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Driving up highway 331 between DeFuniak Springs and Florala, we noticed this building that was once a gas station with plenty of cars around it. We passed it, but then I decided to turn around and check it out--glad I did. Wonderful country cooking here (if you are looking for gourmet, keep on driving). The owner of the place seemed to also be one of the cooks--wanted to make sure we were satisfied. The squash was about as close to my Mom's as I have ever tasted. How many restaurants serve rootabagas? This one does. Restaurant is open for lunch Wednesday through Sunday and dinner on Friday and Saturday nights

• Visited December 2012