“Too pricey! Too much like a bar!”
Review of 4C BBQ

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We PROUDLY serve TEXAS style BBQ, hand cut Choice Angus Ribeye Steaks, Jumbo Wings, and a Variety of Seafood, with a smoked yellow fin tuna dip that we smoke and make on premises. We have a featured special daily.We have a seating capacity of 200, with a full bar, and stage area for live entertainment, and a calender of events you can find on our website. We also have outdoor seating on the deck.
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I have visited 4C's three times since they opened and don't plan on going back. First visit was good, no complaints, food was good just a little pricey. Second visit, food order was wrong and the BBQ sauces on the table had stayed out and had gone bad. We mentioned the soured taste and the waitress admitted they knew they were bad, but for some reason, left them on the tables to be consumed. The heat was making them sour. Terrible experience. Several months later I was out doing some Friday night shopping with my 7 year old daughter and decided to give them one more try. The food was ok, not worth raving about on Facebook, didn't mind the entertainment, the man that was singing was actually pleasant to hear. It was just too much of a bar scene, it was definitely more family oriented when they first opened. For a so called Christian family business there is way too much emphasis on alcohol. Putting it on the menu and blatantly displaying it with a full bar and tons of beer signs are two totally different things. If you want a country bar experience it's a perfect place to go. For a family atmosphere, stick with Sonny's, which is where I was this past Friday. I am quite disappointed in 4C's transformation since my first visit.

1  Thank Cheryl M
4CBBQ_robin, Owner at 4C BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Cheryl M.
Thank you for recent review, and visit to 4C BBQ.
I would like to address some of your comments and concerns.
We take great care in keeping our prices as low as possible, and have always been told we give ample portions for our prices.
We do sell alcohol, and have a bar, and on our 11" wide by 17" high menu we have a 2' by 4 1/2" section on our menu that lets our customers know all our drink options- from tea, water and sodas, to alcoholic beverages that is in small lettering measuring 1/2" by 4".
We have had the same bar area, which takes up less than a sixth of the space we are in, since we opened here.
We Pride ourselves with being a family restaurant, and a majority of our customers are comfortable bringing there families in on any and all occasions. We are very diligent on watching alcohol in take and do not hesitate to stop excessive drinking.
I'm sorry you were disappointed with your visit, and that you feel that you need to question my faith. We have had several churches and youth groups reserve space here to sing karaoke, and it was never an issue. We are a COUNTRY place, but I would not say a country bar.
If you would ever like to discuss any of my response, or any other matter, please feel free to call me 850-419-1757.
We have worked hard for over 13 years for our good reputation and strive to keep it.
Again, sorry for your disappointing visit.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Before setting out for our road trip to New Orleans, I researched lunch spots just off I-10 along the way. This "hole in the wall" actually looks like the town juke joint with it's DJ booth, large dance floor, and stage. They even seem to have a semi-private area in the front for parties. I'm sure Friday and Saturday nights this place is packed with locals out for some dinner and dancing.

We stopped by for a late lunch on our way home from NOLA. We were quickly seated by a friendly hostess/waitress who took our drink orders. Upon returning with our drinks she took our food orders. Food came out within a reasonable period of time and portions were great for what we paid imo. I ordered a brisket sandwich with a side of fried okra. The brisket had a nice smoky flavor and the okra was fresh and crispy (just the way I like it.) It was served on buttered Texas toast which is always my favorite for serving BBQ.

My husband ordered a sampler platter with brisket, pulled pork, and ribs. It was large enough that he had leftovers to take home. His meal was served with a side of fries and greens. Since my husband doesn't like greens, I ate them. They were studded with smoky bits of bacon and I was sad that I was too stuffed to finish them.

Only a mile off I-10 this place is a great stop for lunch if you're tired of the fast food and chain restaurants that line I-10.

Robin F, Owner at 4C BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you for visiting with us.
So pleased you both enjoyed your meal. We do ha e quite a bit of activity on the weekends. You can go to www.4cbbq.com to see our upcoming events and read a little more about us.
Hope to see you again.
Robin and Teresa Ford

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Simple BBQ with great flavor. We almost missed it the first time, it is hard to spot. But are we glad we did. Both of us enjoyed our meals. I had the ribs and the hubby had the pulled pork.
The staff is friendly and helpful. And the patrons were obviously having a good time at Karaoke Night. The other night we went, with no Karaoke, it was much quieter, but still popular.
We were recommended the first time by the people over at the Best Western. And we can't thank them enough.

Robin F, Owner at 4C BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Lisa H, thanks for stopping in and we are delighted you like the food. Yes some nights it tends to get a little loud, but we sure do have fun. Look forward to seeing y'all again soon. Thank the folks at the Best Western for us.
Owner

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I always enjoy 4C's on a Friday night visit, the food is always good. I say Friday because the music is fun on Fridays with variety and the ability to get to the dance floor and shake a leg. While all the food is tasty, my favorite food is the giant deep fried chicken wings served with your choice of flavors...yummie! Owners, bar tenders, wait staff (and Mike...checking from the kitchen to make sure everything is "how you like it", along with all the other employees) are fun and attentive. I am a local and 99.9% of the time enjoy my "giant" wings and Gin n Tonic at the bar and I always enjoy myself and the food! I love their other dishes also, but the wings are my favorite. Go, stay loose, and enjoy this gem! BTW: Trip advisor only allows most recent visit, but I eat at 4C's at least twice a week, so times more!

Robin F, Owner at 4C BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you!
We appreciate your business, and your input. We strive to have a fun relaxing atmosphere, and quality, CONSISTENT food.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

It's tucked away inside of a strip mall in a huge building (16' ceilings). We were there mid afternoon so it wasn't too busy. Maybe when it's full & the band is there the atmosphere is better. Purple Rain by Prince was playing which seemed a little weird.

But...the food is great! My hubby got a half rack of ribs & there so many he had to take some home. I got the pulled pork which was also very good. If you just concentrate on their great bar-b-que & not on the cavernous interior, you'll get your money's worth & then some!

Robin F, Owner at 4C BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Debbie F,
Thank you for your recent visit to 4C BBQ, and for the Kind words.
Glad you enjoyed the food. We try to play any kind of music that our guests request, and that particular day sounds like someone wanted 80's music. We do play country, classic rock, 70's, 80's music. Every tuesday we have kids karaoke from 5-7, and a singing contest going on now, 4C Idol Tuesdays starting at 7pm.
Every Friday evening Jim Hubbard, sings country music on stage , and Saturdays, one week it is singer/songwriter open mic and the opposite saturday we have Karaoke.
Hope to see you again.