“When Eating Local”

McLain Family Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
“When Eating Local”
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

It had been fourteen years since I ate at the steakhouse, and I was hungry. I knew to stay away from the buffet; not because it did not look and smell great, but because my eyes are always bigger than my stomach. The proprietor reserves the right to charge extra for wasting food. Kind of like your mother. Steak was cooked like I wanted. Service was wonderful, and the salad bar was included. Everything was fresh; except for the pickled okra, I guess. The amazing thing was the butter for my baked potato was not butter, and the sour cream came in a tube, but I did not care. The price was excellent, and the atmosphere truly down home DeFuniak Springs.

“Bland, over cooked food.”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Waste of time. Should have listened to the reviews. Our fingers are crossed we don't get sick! We are driving through and looking for a decent bite to eat and we picked the wrong place. The only plus was that they has Pepsi rather than Coke.

Michigan
“Good value”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We didn't have the buffet offered, but it had excellent choices. Our service was excellent and the prices were reasonable.

Visited October 2012
Dothan, Alabama
“Pretty Good Buffet”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We meet here with a group regularly and the food is good, the people are nice...I always eat too much so I try to avoid the buffet.

Lots of hospitality and good food here.

Visited October 2012
“It was real good”
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

For the price it was great. staff real friendly. the buffet was fresh and tasted good. will eat here again if in the area again. And our waitress Chastity, have to tell her congrats on the expectation of new baby. she seemed to enjoy working there which made it the place even better.