“Worst food & Discrimination in South Florida”

Sumo Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 226 Restaurants in Deerfield Beach
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: SW 34th Ave
Boca Raton, Florida
“Worst food & Discrimination in South Florida”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Tonight I was SHOCKED!! after almost an hour we got our first roll and it was wrong. Then they sent our a cucumber wrapped roll or rather the cucumber pieced together. A 6yr old could have done better.They apologized and said 10 more minutes for our other 3 rolls. 20 minutes later others were being served. When i complained i was told there was the door. I realized the tables and take out that got service before us were of Latin decent like all the servers. I guess being American here is not a good thing.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank BocaMona

Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Excellent sushi at a good price”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We love sushi and we are regulars of this place.
It is small, not a lot of tables, the food is REALLY good and I like the prices.
We go there for romantic dinners or do take out.
The chef is an artist and the flavors amazing. Totally recommend it.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank marcela a
“Best Sushi Around”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We go to many sushi places around Boca/Deerfield. Sumo is one of our favorites. Sushi is always fresh and tasty. Everything is reasonably priced.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank mstraub0
Deerfield Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best sushi in South Florida”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Sumo Japanese Restaurant is hands down, THE best sushi I've ever had. I've had sushi all around the world, this one tops them all. The chef/ owner is amazing and brings creativity and flavor to each dish. The sauces are all homemade, and the fish is always fresh. I can't express enough how much I love this food!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Rachel W
“A Real Find”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Drove down from Boca to try it. What a great place! Sat at the bar, which I really recommend, and got to know the chef, Rudy. Me and my wife had the best Dragon tuna salad and sushi. Who knew this place has been around for years! Tried eel, Again since I have never found it to be that great. This was awesome! Now have to go back to try a roll with eel and Rudy has tempted us that if we call ahead a day or so, he has a Mexican ceviche he can make that is unlike anything we have tried. Challenge accepted!

• Visited July 2013