“They finally managed to disappoint me.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We have stayed at Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach Resort many times and have, until now, been completely satisfied with both the accommodations and service. This trip, however, did not live up to our past experiences. The reservations staff needs more training so that you don't book a room type you don't want simply because the reservationist doesn't know the difference and blindly assures you that, other than the number and size of beds, there is no difference between an oceanfront deluxe king suite (wonderful) and an oceanfront suite with two double beds (not what I would have booked if aware of the difference). Unfortunately, except for the difference in price (less than $15.00) there is a very big difference. The deluxe king suite (what we have always booked in the past) has a large wrap-around balcony on which you can actually sit and enjoy the scenery, whereas the oceanfront suite with two double beds does not. The hotel tries to claim this category has a balcony, and technically it does, but the "Juliette balcony" is nothing more than a railing outside a large window. Totally useless and, by comparison, way overpriced.
Also, we have been happy with the service at this hotel in the past... but, when I approached management about the situation regarding our subpar accommodation, management informed me that the hotel was fully booked and moving to another suite was not possible. Okay, I understand that; however that information did not fix or mitigate the problem so I again expressed dissatisfaction with the situation and requested some consideration. Management felt that reminding me that my confirmation letter proved that we got exactly what we had reserved was plenty good enough, but eventually conceded to "comp the Wi-Fi". Wow, great... except that we had not requested Wi-Fi.
On an apparently unrelated note, I find it interesting that Holiday Inn, Motel 6, and Mainstay Suites all include Wi-Fi and parking in the price of their rooms, which are typically 50% - 65% less.

Room Tip: If you expect a large, usable balcony be sure you book a "Deluxe Oceanfront KING Suite".
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Allison B
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa

Reviewed July 17, 2014

I chose this hotel for 2 reasons one I'm a Hilton Honors member and second it's right on the beach. I thought I wanted to be near the beach but for the price they charge ( as a guest ) $23 dollars a night for Valet and $ 19 to park yourself. Either way that's too much for parking when paying $171 dollars a night. There is a metered parking near the beach but I'm not leaving my car on the beach. I was supposed to stay 4 nights but checked out after one. The hotel is very nice with a nice pool area and decent breakfast which surprisingly was included with the room. I was also surprised the room was actually two rooms. A living room with Flat screen and sleeper sofa, very small balcony and it's own bathroom. Then the bedroom which had it's own bathroom too. The bed was kinda hard and out dated. Room was clean though. Balcony is very small with a tiny view of the ocean. Over all it's a very nice hotel but I can't get over the expensive parking. If I I'm a traveler from out of state or country I would stay at this hotel again. There's not a lot to eat or do that's close by FYI. So that's where a car comes in handy.

Room Tip: All the rooms come with some sort of view,some might be good some might be very limited but still al...
3  Thank willieb303
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was here for business meetings being held at the hotel. From the standpoint of the business meetings, everything was acceptable. Our meeting room was comfortable, although a bit over-airconditioned, and conducive to interaction. The catering was efficient, and the lunch buffet provided to us was decent.

On the hotel side: My suite was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the room appeared to be recently remodeled. As with so many places in South Florida, the airconditioning in the room was either full-on arctic temps, or it was off. There didn't seem to be a comfortable in-between. But at least the HVAC in the room was quiet. I had a good view of the ocean. There isn't a work desk in the room as such, just a table with chairs that aren't adjustable in height. The suite had a working refrigerator and coffee maker, always a plus.

The complementary breakfast buffet was good, with a made-to-order omlet station, a full hot buffet, fresh fruit and yogurt. The cereal was slightly stale, not unexpected for such a humid environment. Coffee comes from one of those self-serve Douwe Egberts coffee dispenser machines. Plenty of tables to eat inside or outside.

I didn't use the pool but it looked inviting.

Check-in was friendly and efficient, and they provided me a HHonors bag with water bottles. When I went to check out early in the morning, the lobby was empty save for a security guard who was sound asleep. I woke him up, and he went and found the front desk manager for me so I could check out and get my car.

Location-wise, you're right on the beach, so it is a great location for Deerfield Beach.

Overall, it is a fairly typical Embassy Suites.

Room Tip: A "sunset-facing" room still gives you an ocean view without the noise from the pool area.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I states here with my family from June 18-22. Overall we liked it but there were a few things I didn't like.

The beach was filled with seaweed. I know the hotel can't really do anything about it, but when you decide to stay on the beach it was a little frustrating. The breakfast wasn't bad for something included but on the weekends their was no way for the employees keep up.

Now the positive things. The pool while being small was great. If you have kids this will be a great hotel for you. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. I didn't really hear any noise my stay. The cocktail hour was really nice. You could have a couple drinks unwind and it was all included.

Overall not a bad affordable option. I would like to stay somewhere with a nicer beach, but I would choose this hotel again.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank justinm1982
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We are loyal Embassy Suite guests. We live 1/2 hour away & decided to book a night to celebrate our 23rd wedding anniversary, which we told the front desk. We were pleasantly surprised to receive a room upgrade & a bottle of wine & fruit platter, along with a lovely card of appreciation. The breakfast was one of the best we have been to at an Embassy Suites. The location can't be beat. The beach is beautiful & it's a pleasurable walk to nearby restaurants. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Good hotel with great free breakfast and snacks and drinks in late afternoon. Great hotel service and big rooms. Stayed in a king size room with separate living room. Balcony small. Beach is ok. Ended up going up the road by the pier and restaurants.

Room Tip: Would have preferred ocean view but was not available.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We returned from our vacation getaway after staying here for a week. We booked an ocean front room and were given a ocean view… not the same thing. Living no where near the beach we wanted to experience waking up to the ocean . , but all rooms were booked out so even though we pre- payed, there was nothing we could do. The hotel was same as previous stays, handy for a quick get a way . We found the frozen drinks at $12 a drink to be a crazy price when the next hotel sells the same thing for 6. the menu for the fourth of July was fried foods only and the bridge closes so we were stuck. . The hotel does nothing to celebrate the fourth. They leave that to the village. The hotel is a well kept, the workers are very friendly and hard working.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better view.
2  Thank AMERICANS
Royal Blues Hotel
#5 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Waterstone Resort & Marina Boca Raton, Curio Collection by Hilton
Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!