“My Favorite Beach Hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Brooklyn, New York
“My Favorite Beach Hotel”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I really hate to share this hotel with people because over time, it's been getting harder and harder to get accommodations. It's my favorite hotel at the beach and the only place I consider staying. The location is great, above the beach and the King deluxe suite's wraparound balcony view makes you feel like you're sitting on the beach watching the waves. Suites are roomy and very nicely decorated with the added perk of a second full bathroom which is great for families. Breakfast and manager's reception are both excellent as are the hotel's facilities (pool, fitness room and spa). I'm looking forward to my seventh stay in March 2014.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank seasonedtraveler1851

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Turkish first
Austin, TX
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

When you travel a lot, you tend to focus on the comfort and convenience of the hotel rather than the little things - like a little dirt here or there (is your home that clean?). Give me lots of room, new/refurbished architecture, quiet, access to good food/drink, a comfortable bed...I'm set. The room is huge relative to what I usually get, the breakfast buffet was one of the best I've ever had and the view from the back out over the ocean is a bonus. I would recommend this hotel to families with young kids...they all seemed to be having fun.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank WirelessTraveler
Richmond, VA
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We made a last minute booking for a spring break trip with 3 of our daughters and I booked a second room for my parents to come down and join us for a few days. We had never been to Deerfield Beach before but was looking for a suite hotel on the beach somewhere warm. This definitely fit the bill!

Check In:
I am a diamond HH member and used points for the bookings. I didnt realize that the standard suites were not ocean view or front and when checking in and found out that they didnt have an upgrade available I was a little disappointed. The front desk staff said they would see what they could do and let me know that they would keep an eye out for an ocean front room during my stay and if one became available that they would move us. (I didnt expect it to happen but got a call the next day saying they had a suite right across the hall from ours). They have a 4:00pm checkin and on busy days seem to struggle a bit to get rooms turned over for new guests to check in. We arrived at about 3:30 and were told that we would have to wait until 4:00, which we were fine with. At 4:00 PM our room still wasnt ready but the FD manager Amy came over and apologized and told me that she was going to comp our parking for the week for the inconvenience. We were able to check in at 4:30.

Suites
The suites are beautiful. Probably the nicest of any Embassy Suites that I have seen. I would put them more on par with nice Hilton property. The two bathrooms in every suite is a huge plus especially when traveling with teen aged girls!

Pool / Beach
The pool was decent sized but unfortunately there were not nearly enough lounge chairs for the size of the hotel on a busy week. While they do have signs posted that reserving chairs and leaving them unattended for more then 20 mins was forbidden, that practice was rampant and about 50% of the chairs were unoccupied except for the towels and other items that people were using to save them. I dont know how a hotel (or cruise ship) can manage the fact that most people are inconsiderate of others. We went to the beach which is across a small street and rented chairs and an umbrella. The pool does provide towels for the beach as well which is a nice touch! At first glance the beach is small. Much smaller then we had expected. But once you are there and on a chair it is really nice! There are multiple rock jetties that they have put in to prevent erosion I am guessing and it creates these nice little coves to swim and wade. While there isnt a lot of sand for beach sports, it is a great beach for small children and relaxing in a chair. The attendant at the beach was fantastic and very helpful.

Fitness Center / Spa:
The fitness center was a little small for a hotel of this size but overall the equipment was in good shape and they had a small assortment of cardio machines and dumbbells as well as a cable machine. Did not utilize the spa so cannot review.

Breakfast / Managers Reception:
Embassy Suites is known for the full breakfast buffet and nightly managers reception. The breakfast buffet was standard for Embassy suites with a very good omelet chef that was able to take 6 orders at time! They had signs warning when to avoid the crowds (9-10am) and the only thing that I wish was that being that it is a vacation resort was that they extended the breakfast to 11am. I think it would let people sleep in a little later and would ease some of the congestion. I never went to the managers reception but my kids did and said it was nice.

Restaurant
The restaurant is located poolside with a bar. We ate lunch 2x on the patio and had drinks a couple of nights. The food was good and other then the prices being typically resort high cannot complain at all. The seared sesame tuna salad is very good!

Valet Parking
The hotel offers Valet or Self Park for $22 or $18 per night. It is a little pricey but again it is a resort area. The valet attendants were FANTASTIC! Very nice, friendly and attentive. Donald was especially welcoming and we looked forward to talking to him every day. You could call ahead or just walk up to get your car. Never had to wait more then 5 minutes.

Overall:
The entire staff seemed to be well trained in guest service. They were welcoming and friendly. The hotel is kept very clean and well maintained. The location is great for a quieter beach trip then your typical Daytona or Ft Lauderdale craziness. We loved it and would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views. Standard suites are not ocean front or view. All suites have two...
Buffalo, New York, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Staff, service, rooms, location, food, drink - this place has it all. We went for Spring Break with the family (2 children and 2 adults). The suites are big enough to give everyone some breathing space, the pool was delightful and the beach (about 20 yards away) was great. One thought - include the chair and umbrella beach rental with the cost of the room. Don't nickle and dime your faithful customers. Also, our first room was a bit lacking and we were moved (after one night) to an Ocean view better laid out suite. OK - One more thing - they should do some easy activities for the kids (poolside movies at night?)

Room Tip: Ocean View! Keps you away from the street (A1A) and keeps the room quiet.
Kansas City Missouri
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our initial booking ended up for a smoking King suite on the 2nd floor with an "ocean" view9through the palm trees. After our first night we approached the manager with a move request to non-smoking and were rewarded with a 7th floor King suite with a true "Ocean" view. We were quite happy with the change and enjoyed our stay greatly. A drawback is that the pic on their website of the Hotel from the ocean is not accurate. There is no white sandy beach, it's more a series of rock piles with beach in between. I assume that Sandy eroded their beachfront. Otherwise the location is excellent. It's close to a causeway, eats, and some shopping. I'd recommend travelling up A1A rather than US 1, simply because there are less traffic lights, and alot less traffic. Not to mention that the views are far superior. This hotel caters to families, and with good reason. You can sleep up to 6 or 7 in each suite, and breakfast is included for everyone. They have a large pool for kids to enjoy, and there is a happy hour where adults and kids can have the beverages of their choice included in the price of the room. I don't know that we'll revisit this particular location, but I will look more closely at Embassy in the future for family outings.

Room Tip: The higher the better. There are corner suites with wider wraparound balconies, I believe they call...
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I will NEVER stay here again. I have never witnessed uncleanliness like this while on vacation. We arrived early to the embassy and the room was not available yet which is to be expected. We went to lunch and drove around within the surrounding area. We arrived back and said our room was ready HOWEVER was not the room that we paid EXTRA FOR AND/OR BOOKED. Luis the valet manager who is great took us to our room and there was a dirty q-tip on the carpet that has not been vacuumed in god knows how long. Palm from Palm Sunday that was over two weeks ago on the floor. The first bathroom toilet had dried fecies plastered in the toilet. As well as the shower door had soap or something all on the front of the door. The second bathroom had shaved hair still all around the tub. Day 2 we had to keep everything packed do to them moving our room to the ocean view that we wanted. Soap scum all over the shower walls mold in the first shower ceiling and walls as well as on the second bathroom walls. Stains all over the furniture no different than the other room. For what was paid for this room for our entire stay here is completely overpriced. Paying to park, having to pay for wi fi, and spending 300 a night for a room. Completely over priced. This place is a DIVE. Thinking about leaving today and looking for another hotel. Would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Cdlopes
tomhaynes, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your candid review of our property. New perspectives about our hotel and our guestroom appearance help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. We apologize for the issues you experienced in your room and bathroom and will ensure that these areas are addressed immediately. Your feedback regarding our amenity costs will be taken into consideration as we are constantly updating our offerings to provide the best options for our guests. Thank you again for your review - we hope you will consider staying with us again.

King regards,
Melissa Lane
Richmond
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were here for four nights. The location worked great for us. Made a day trip to Miami. The hotel is massive. Public spaces nice. Breakfast buffet crowded but good. Pool is nice. Beach is quaint. We enjoyed nearby charm city burgers. Also we drove up the A1 to palm beach that was fun too. Love having two rooms with kids. We used hilton gold points. Got an oceanfront room w two bathrooms.

Room Tip: Corners are best
2 Thank Virginia4Lovers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield Beach
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
#1 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,328 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerf...
#3 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Royal Blues Hotel
Royal Blues Hotel
#5 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Waterstone Resort & Marina Boca Raton, Curio Collection by Hilton
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield Beach
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield...
#2 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!