We made a last minute booking for a spring break trip with 3 of our daughters and I booked a second room for my parents to come down and join us for a few days. We had never been to Deerfield Beach before but was looking for a suite hotel on the beach somewhere warm. This definitely fit the bill!
I am a diamond HH member and used points for the bookings. I didnt realize that the standard suites were not ocean view or front and when checking in and found out that they didnt have an upgrade available I was a little disappointed. The front desk staff said they would see what they could do and let me know that they would keep an eye out for an ocean front room during my stay and if one became available that they would move us. (I didnt expect it to happen but got a call the next day saying they had a suite right across the hall from ours). They have a 4:00pm checkin and on busy days seem to struggle a bit to get rooms turned over for new guests to check in. We arrived at about 3:30 and were told that we would have to wait until 4:00, which we were fine with. At 4:00 PM our room still wasnt ready but the FD manager Amy came over and apologized and told me that she was going to comp our parking for the week for the inconvenience. We were able to check in at 4:30.
The suites are beautiful. Probably the nicest of any Embassy Suites that I have seen. I would put them more on par with nice Hilton property. The two bathrooms in every suite is a huge plus especially when traveling with teen aged girls!
Pool / Beach
The pool was decent sized but unfortunately there were not nearly enough lounge chairs for the size of the hotel on a busy week. While they do have signs posted that reserving chairs and leaving them unattended for more then 20 mins was forbidden, that practice was rampant and about 50% of the chairs were unoccupied except for the towels and other items that people were using to save them. I dont know how a hotel (or cruise ship) can manage the fact that most people are inconsiderate of others. We went to the beach which is across a small street and rented chairs and an umbrella. The pool does provide towels for the beach as well which is a nice touch! At first glance the beach is small. Much smaller then we had expected. But once you are there and on a chair it is really nice! There are multiple rock jetties that they have put in to prevent erosion I am guessing and it creates these nice little coves to swim and wade. While there isnt a lot of sand for beach sports, it is a great beach for small children and relaxing in a chair. The attendant at the beach was fantastic and very helpful.
Fitness Center / Spa:
The fitness center was a little small for a hotel of this size but overall the equipment was in good shape and they had a small assortment of cardio machines and dumbbells as well as a cable machine. Did not utilize the spa so cannot review.
Breakfast / Managers Reception:
Embassy Suites is known for the full breakfast buffet and nightly managers reception. The breakfast buffet was standard for Embassy suites with a very good omelet chef that was able to take 6 orders at time! They had signs warning when to avoid the crowds (9-10am) and the only thing that I wish was that being that it is a vacation resort was that they extended the breakfast to 11am. I think it would let people sleep in a little later and would ease some of the congestion. I never went to the managers reception but my kids did and said it was nice.
The restaurant is located poolside with a bar. We ate lunch 2x on the patio and had drinks a couple of nights. The food was good and other then the prices being typically resort high cannot complain at all. The seared sesame tuna salad is very good!
The hotel offers Valet or Self Park for $22 or $18 per night. It is a little pricey but again it is a resort area. The valet attendants were FANTASTIC! Very nice, friendly and attentive. Donald was especially welcoming and we looked forward to talking to him every day. You could call ahead or just walk up to get your car. Never had to wait more then 5 minutes.
The entire staff seemed to be well trained in guest service. They were welcoming and friendly. The hotel is kept very clean and well maintained. The location is great for a quieter beach trip then your typical Daytona or Ft Lauderdale craziness. We loved it and would definitely go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our beachfront resort destination. Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa is one of the best Deerfield Beach hotels on Florida's Gold Coast. Our hotel has received a 4-Diamond rating for the past three years. Enjoy two miles of Florida's white sand beaches, accessible from our walkway. This resort near Delray Beach is close to Ft. Lauderdale and Palm Beach. Join us at BT's Oceanfront restaurant for a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast. Savor a custom omelet with coffee and ocean views. Enjoy a cocktail* and snacks at our complimentary Evening Reception. The kids will enjoy our tropical heated pool or wading in the Atlantic, just steps from the resort in Deerfield Beach. Relax with an aromatherapy bath or massage at our Spa950. The 3,300 sq. Ft. Spa includes a full-service salon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach Hotel Deerfield Beach
- Deerfield Beach Embassy Suites