Reservation/Check in - especially for business travellers who work for my company and may have a limit on their credit card. When making the reservation, Embassy Suites provides no indication that the credit card is not charged at the point of reservation. For extended business stays, this could present a problem for corporate credit cards that have a limit. There was no communication to my colleague/girlfriend that her card limit maxed out until she was checking in which, at that point, was too late to have her do anything about it. She was fortunate enough to figure out a way to handle the situation but not without stress, frustration, and a 45 minute check in process
Parking - When you are paying close to $360 a night for a room, I find it very petty for Embassy Suites to charge an additional $10 (self) - $20+ (valet + tip) per night to park at the hotel. In comparison to other hotels in the area, the room cost alone should be sufficient and visitors should be allowed to park for free, especially those paying a higher rate for the room.
Housekeeping - Sheets were not changed for the entire stay (Tuesday - Monday) in the master bedroom. Sand from a beachwalk was not vaccuumed until a request was made.
Management - Due to the check-in issue mentioned above, we had to switch rooms on our last day. We will take some responsibility for the communication of staying the final day but, due to what occurred during the check-in process, my girlfriend was not thinking clearly. In order stay the final day, because our current room was booked, we were told we had to remove our things, be out of the room by noon, store everything, including refrigerated items downstairs until 4, then check back into another room. It was until we spoke to housekeeping management (who was extremely helpful), that we were able to transfer our items directly into the other room without having to move everything downstairs for a couple of hours. Ridiculous customer service error.
Newspapers have to be requested from the front desk and aren't dropped at the door. Switching elevators to get to the parking garage. Variation in drink prices for the same drink dependent upon who the bartender is. Bartenders refusal to make a mixed drink during 5:30-7:30 timeframe due to Manager's Reception everyday despite our willingness to pay for it.
Overall, we had a good trip but it was not due to the manner in which Embassy Suites treated us. Looked into other hotels in the area and will definitely stay in a different hotel next time down. I also have over 50 people reporting to me from a large company who travel quite a bit to the area and I will suggest/recommend another hotel to them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our beachfront resort destination. Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa is one of the best Deerfield Beach hotels on Florida's Gold Coast. Our hotel has received a 4-Diamond rating for the past three years. Enjoy two miles of Florida's white sand beaches, accessible from our walkway. This resort near Delray Beach is close to Ft. Lauderdale and Palm Beach. Join us at BT's Oceanfront restaurant for a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast. Savor a custom omelet with coffee and ocean views. Enjoy a cocktail* and snacks at our complimentary Evening Reception. The kids will enjoy our tropical heated pool or wading in the Atlantic, just steps from the resort in Deerfield Beach. Relax with an aromatherapy bath or massage at our Spa950. The 3,300 sq. Ft. Spa includes a full-service salon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach Hotel Deerfield Beach
- Deerfield Beach Embassy Suites