“Very good but beds should be upgraded”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
kitchener
“Very good but beds should be upgraded”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Very good value. But the quality of the beds is a disappointment.. should be better. Recommend a car rental for this area.

Pros:
. Proximity to beach
. Pool area: towels, loungers
. Suite with bedroom and 2 washrooms/showers/2 TVs - great for family of 4 with teens
. Amenities, eg. free breakfast, cocktails

Cons:
. WiFi charge per device - not per room - outrageous!
. Quality of beds - way too soft, small for 2, bedding poor (how often are those duvets washed?)
. Room accumulated more dust than I've ever seen in a hotel room.
. Ran out of lounge chairs to rent at the beach

Room Tip: Get the ocean front rooms. Some have balcony that can be stepped out on others have room for a coupl...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank rcrnko

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Turkish first
MAHOPAC,NY
Reviewed March 18, 2012

It is a nice hotel nearly on the beach. It really is on the beach, but there is a quiet street behind the property you have to cross to get to the Beach. Not a problem. The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly. We used the self parking that is pricey at $16 a night. The Garage is convienent with elevators at both ends to take you to the lobby. The room is large with a seperate living room and bedroom. There is a refridgerator and microwave oven. We had two double beds that were small for 2 persons and was the one downside to the stay. We are Hilton Honors members and recieved free breakfast, WIFI and 2 hour cocktail party daily. The beach is narrow, but not crowded (we were there presidents week). There is a charge for beach chairs and umbrellas at $10 each per day. The free breakfast included the usual cereal, bagels, muffins, fruit, waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, etc. It also had an omelette station. The omelette station was hit or miss as there could be long lines at times. The food at the breakfast was the same every day, but it was free so no complaints. The pool was averge size and heated. There was a Hot Tub which was also nice. The free cocktail hour included well drinks and tap beer with chips and salsa. We ordered some appitizers at the outdoor restaurant and the food was good, but also expensive as are most hotel restaurants. There are not many restaurants within walking distance so I recommend a rental car. Overall we enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it. I would have given it 5 stars except for the small beds and the expensive parking.

Room Tip: A room facing the Ocean is nice. Ours did not.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MARKBUICK76
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I cut short my stay from seven nights to one night. Fiflthy place.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank sallyandbaby
St Louis, MO
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Spacious suites with 2 bathrooms - a major bonus! Rooms and bathrooms were clean and nicely appointed. Great overall value for the $.

Happy Hour and Breakfast were excellent and free! Overall service at the pool and restuarant were very good. By the way, the restuarant was pretty good and not really overpriced. I expected higher prices - another good value. I only ate lunch there - so I am not sure about dinner.

Pay the $4 extra for the valet - if you are already paying $18 for self-parking the $4 extra does not seem that bad.

You can avoid the wi-fi fee of $10 if you use the nice free computers in the business center to get on the internet. Also a good place to print those boarding passes.

The only drawback to this resort might be the beach itself. The beach in front is not a private beach but one owned by the city. At some time the city must have put these piles of boulders every 500 feet along the beach near the shore to control erosion. They do not take up the whole beach area but the beach would look nicer without them there. Overall not a bad beach - the kids certainly did not mind.

Room Tip: Try and get an oceanfront room above the 3rd floor. I stayed on the 3rd floor and although I could...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Love2Explr
Nanuet, New York
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Embassy Suites in Deerfield Beach is a hidden gem! Buffet breakfast every morning was the best way to go if you don't want to spend a lot of green. Eating at the hotel was no hassle at all. Poolside is great for picture taking and the beach is directly behind the hotel! Open the rear gate to heaven. I enjoyed walking on the sidewalk adjacent to the beach to the fishing pier for excerise. The hotel is a 4 - 4 1/2 star hotel with that said comes an increased price per night , but well worth it! I will return... And the staff were great including the omelet chief! DId I mentioned a His and her's bathroom in the Suites!

Room Tip: The 6th floor was great for pictures. It doesn't matter if you have the Cityview of Oceanview...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We had the best most relaxing vacation at the Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach. We travel with our small children (3 under 7yrs old) and it can be tough to keep everyone happy but this property did it for us. We arrived to a very helpful valet/bell staff, our luggage was unloaded and we were in our suite within minutes. The very pleasant 2 room suite with plenty of room for 5 of us was clean and had great amenities ie good size fridge and wet bar. The best for us was 2 full bathrooms and tons of closet space. We enjoyed the managers reception where my husband and I could have a few cocktails even though the kids were with us. No need to worry about driving everything is walking distance. Brian and Angela were great, always very friendly and prompt service. The pool is a great area with plenty of lounge chairs but they fill up fast. My one thing i wish was more available were umbrealls. It seemed they were the hot commodity and hard to come by. We were able to go to the pool then hop over to the beach a few feet away and come back to pool for lunch and drinks. The pure convienience of this place is worth it all. We found that everyday we were greeted by either Glen, Ana or Elizabeth who helped us with anything we needed from Elizabeth pulling out Dora stickers for my crying 2 year old to Ana and Glen helping us with everything from pool chairs to family dinners. I have to mention that the restaurant is very careful and diligent about food prep. I have multiple food issues from celiac to food allergies and I did not have one single issue our entire stay. I never got sick and I ate 90% of my meals at the restaurant. The staff was very respectful and never made me feel like I was asking too much, everything was "no problem".
I also recommend the area outside the property. Beautiful walking area to a great very active night life on the beach. We barely left the property because everything we needed was there which is why this was one of the best most relaxing vacations...we didn't have to drag our kids all over the place. We can't wait to go back!! Hope to see everyone soon!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank CMP1313
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed March 4, 2012

This is a great place for families. All rooms feature a sitting area, bedroom, and two bathrooms allowing families room to spread around. Also, the buffet breakfast appears to be a big hit with the kids. But please, Embassy Suites: Stop with the whole "complimentary breakfast" line...that is obviously a part of the rate even if it is clearly justified. The pool area is nice and the beach is just a few yards away across a two lane street. I was attending a conference, but my husband enjoyed the pool and spa. The room was nice and we could see the ocean. However, there were no blankets on the bed...odd seeing as how it was January. The room was acceptably clean, but honestly it could have been in better shape. I rarely give exceptions on cleanliness, but with the number of families I'm sure that housekeeping has a difficult time keeping things clean. The conference/meeting staff was top notch: Kudos to Claire, she is a real treasure and I enjoyed working with her. Although this is not the place that fits my particular needs, it is exceptionally good at catering to its market. Bring the kids and have a ball.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank dsm22203
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield Beach
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
#1 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,322 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerf...
#3 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Royal Blues Hotel
Royal Blues Hotel
#5 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Waterstone Resort & Marina Boca Raton, Curio Collection by Hilton
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield Beach
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield...
#2 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!