“Good value, attentive front desk”

La Quinta Inn Deerfield Beach I-95 at Hillsboro E
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Reviewed January 5, 2010

We arrived on Amtrak and checked into a nearby motel that was unacceptable. We saw this hotel through the bushes and walked over to see if they had rooms. Jacqueline at the front desk was very helpful. She let us see the rooms first and managed securing the last 3 for my extended family on a fully booked new year's day night. The rooms were clean, the price was reasonable, and the staff friendly and attentive. The only down side was we had to take rooms on the smoking floor - but a couple of bottles of Fabreeze Extra Strength and lowering the room temperature made the smell tolerable. All in all it's a great 2 star hotel. Thanks Jacqueline!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed November 6, 2009

we were surprise at how wonderful this hotel was It looked new, it was fresh and clean.

we had a wondful stay. we are planning on staying there again

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2009

I've landed here via Priceline and booked non-blindly through Expedia and have always been happy with it. The location is close to the I-95/Hillsboro Rd. exit, so the interstate access is good. This makes it not too difficult to drive the 10-15 miles from Ft. Lauderdale and use it as a base for stays in that area. Rooms are well-kept-up and newer and better than most 2-star places, and the moderate pool size also is good by 2-star standards. The continental breakfast, served to 9:30, won't have you skipping lunch but will be enough (cereal, hard-boiled eggs, etc.) to tide you over. The landscaping is also nice inasmuch as they saved more trees than most hotels do.

Overall it appears to be a good example of doing the basic things very well.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We recently returned from a trip to Florida, to visit our daughter and son-in-law and two for our granddaughters. They live near Deerfield Beach, so since the hotel I found was there, that's where we based most of our activities. We stayed at the La Quinta on W Hillsboro Blvd. Being from the Northeast, I'm never sure how we're going to do in Florida, and this was at the end of August. The hotel was quite comfortable, and down to earth. Very reasonable rates, clean and quiet.

One of our outings was to Butterfly World, which was a request from the older granddaughter. We had a great time, the exhibits were very interesting. They set them up so all ages can have a positive learning experience. What I didn't know ahead of time was that the girls were afraid of the butterflies - they thought they would bite them. You're walking around in outdoor enclosures so the butterflies are flying freely, all around you. Not having any brilliant ideas, I let the girls take turns walking around with my camera, taking pictures of the butterflies, and of the beautiful tropical plants. As long as they had the camera in front of them, they were not afraid. The surprising thing is that any of the pictures came out usable, and most of them did. The girls were 5 and 3 years old. We even got pictures of the macaws and the larikeets, who posed entertainingly on Grandpa's head, while he fed them nectar. To this day, the girls still ask me if my butterfly plant that I bought there has any butterflies on it yet.

We also made several outings to Quiet Waters Park, and of course, to the beach. I was impressed with both facilities for their cleanliness and the variety of activities available. Quiet Waters has an impressive aquatic playground, and some other neat stuff, like a learn to water ski facility. I understand that many of the county parks in Broward County have similar aquatic facilities, for very reasonable admission fees. Had we stayed longer I'm sure we would have visited a few more of them.

We had dinner one night at a restaurant called Flanigan's Seafood Bar & Grill. We enjoyed the food and the ambience so much we went back there two nights later for dinner. Excellent super fresh tuna and dolphin steaks, cooked to perfection. Friendly staff. The next time we're back in that neck of the woods, we're definitely going back to Flanigan's.

Reviewed August 9, 2009

The room was spotless, and only $65 including tax for each night. The room was also very quiet, and included a fridge and microwave at no extra charge. I loved it here, and will stay again every time I come. There is a security guard in the parking lot at night as well, and he is definitely on top of things, no worrying about your car or walking out to the parking lot late at night. The staff were very nice, very professional. It was only about a mile from the beach, and there is a Wendy's right in front of it for late night munchies.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank unvoyageure
Reviewed April 21, 2009

Six nights at this La Quina on Hillsboro Blvd. for only $67.50 a night was perfect for our Passover vacation. We booked a handicapped room as it was the only one left with a king-size bed.We selected this hotel because of the price and close proximity to Century Village, where we were visiting relatives for Passover. The ground floor room with a parking spot right outside turned out to be perfect for us. The room was cleaned daily and the cleaners and representatives at the desk were always pleasant and extremely helpful to us whenever we asked questions. When our shower curtain fell down twice the nice handyman came and fixed it almost immediately (it was a pressure rod--no tub). The pool had many leaves in it from surrounding trees but was cleaned almost immediately when I pointed this out to the front desk. The surprisingly quiet room was perfect for us as we took a nap mid-afternoon almost every day with no disturbances. We were given a clean small refrigerator as requested. Overall we had no complaints about our stay at this La Quinta Inn.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank crose47
Reviewed March 7, 2009

My 19 y o daughter and I took a "girls only" trip to the Keys in January. We drove down from Charlotte,NC stopping in Deerfield Beach for the night, on our way down. I choose this hotel because of a great rate I found online; $42 for the night. For that rate it was great, but I'd be rather disappointed if I'd paid the much higher rates found on the LQ website. Our room was clean and good sized, however the beds were hard and the linens/towels were cheap. The hotel itself is off the street, back behind a Wendy's. It was kinda dark back there and a little creepy. I did see added security walking around so that made me feel safer. We arrived after dark and left early the next morning to continue our drive to the Keys. It was fine for what we needed, but I'd hate to spend a vacation there.

• Stayed: January 2009