“Lacked basic amenities”

La Quinta Inn Deerfield Beach I-95 at Hillsboro E
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
“Lacked basic amenities”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2005

It was a very nice room. Very clean very affordable. My daughter and I stayed for one night. Everything looked pretty good. When I go to brush my teeth there is no toothpaste and no lotion, not terrible, but other hotels/motels/inns that I've stayed at, had these things. I called guest services and they advised me that they had no toothpaste but they did have toothbrushes (how strange). The thing is, I don't travel with these things and this was a last minute stay, there were no stores around the area in which I could buy this, so I had a funky mouth and ashy skin until I left. The little things make the biggest difference. My advice is if you choose to stay there then bring toothpaste. But other than that a ok :)

• Stayed April 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Napa, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2004

We just finished an 8-night stay at the La Quinta, Deerfield Beach. I must admit that some of the reviews made me cautious, but the rate was so good and breakfast was included and we figured we'd hardly ever be in the room anyway, but we were very pleasantly surprised to spend our Christmas at the LaQuinta! Here's why...
Pros: Price (booked online at, net, about $40/nt since we had a $100 off coupon through online travel site and price was great anyway); location (easy on and off to I-95); VERY quiet; never had a concern in the world about safety, cars, etc.; pretty property - surrounded by old oaks and lovely trees and plantings kept this motel quiet and private; good breakfast selections - loved the hard-boiled eggs for low-carbers and the bagels, cereal, pastries and fruit for others; coffee was plentiful and good; juices a little watery but good; staff friendly and accommodating; the Christmas tree was one that any family would be proud to have in their front window; the breakfast area was neat, clean, and had lots of seating. The room we had (2 double beds) was especially spacious for the price and I loved the reclining chair and extra big rectangular table. The pool seemed nice but we were in town to visit a sick relative so we didn't have time to "have fun".
Cons: If you ate breakfast late, seating could be tough to find; the breakfast room, though beautiful, can be loud if people have a louder conversation than you're ready for at 7 am; one time (out of 8 nights) the creamers were put out frozen; the room smelled a tiny bit musty at first but we travel with a travel candle and it didn't take much to make the room feel cozy. There is no fitness center - but we figure that's what the beach is for - and there is no business center but you can use the internet in your room from a data port. We decided to get a temporary library card from the Deerfield Beach Public Library (beautiful, new) on the same street as LaQuinta about a mile away. (The library has 14 internet-connected computers and is open til 9 2 nights a week, so who needs to bother with lugging around a laptop?)
Overall: You could pay a lot more to stay in the Boca area, but why give up such a great rate?

4 Thank Marti
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2004

Having read other reviews about this hotel, I was tempted to cancel my booking (31st July), but decided to go ahead and see for my self. Our room was spacious, clean and well presented. The staff were friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was sufficient (I guess) if you like boiled eggs, but there was enough to go around. Wendy's is walking distance away if you prefer . They are situated just 5 minutes away from the beach. I would visit this hotel again.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2004

I made my 7-day reservation for my family via hotels based upon their description and pictures. I had no idea that this place was a motel – type property where you drive up to your room with outside room doors, nothing in the description about that (hello... I used hotels not motels) So we pull up to our room, open the door and we get hit with a moldy musty gust of stale air that basically turned my stomach. This set the tone for the rest of our stay… I can say many things, but I’ll get right to the point. The light fixtures were completely rusted, with the rust actually flaking off; mold growing on the curtains and lampshades; smelly pillows; absolutely filthy carpets (my daughter went from the shower to the bed & her feet got filthy black); our toilet kept getting stuck wide open; our tub was dirty; the a/c had no way to change the direction of airflow so it blew across the tops of the beds and ants in the wash basin. Outside our room I noticed the following: the ice machine alcove has a horrible urine smell & nasty puddles of mystery stuff everywhere; the white concrete walkways were covered in stains and were sticky to walk on and the stairs actually had holes rusting through them. And hotels had a 3 star rating for this dump? I complained to the management, called hotels (they said they had it listed as 2.5 stars when my printout had a clear 3 stars on it) checked out early and got refunded for the remaining days. Basically – stay away unless you’re a drunken college kid looking for a place to trash. And in my opinion the person who gave this place the excellent rating must have something to do with LaQuinta marketing. This place it horrible it deserves to be knocked down.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Clovis, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2004

We had a great time here and are surprised to read the 2 negative reviews. We arrived on 5/29/04 and departed 6/3/04. Our stay was great, the staff was always excellant, (thank you Ena & Roger, and the rest!) helpful and courteous and the breakfast was always plentiful. The housekeeping staff we encountered were very helpful and although some did have accents, spoke english quite well, and had no problems finding me extra coffee, towels, etc. The location of this property was great for us and kept us away from a lot of the hussle and bustle of this tourist destination but close enough to the beach to go for an hour or 2 and return to the hotel for a nap. Our room was clean and well appointed. We stayed in an exectutive king room and couldn't have asked for a more well-appointed room. I am sorry to here that someones car got broken into and things were stolen. I was there on May 31 and heard nothing about this. I live in a up-scale neighborhood with security, and cars still get broken into-I guess it can happen anywhere. Bottomline, a great property, great staff and a great, So Florida, central location. I'd stay here again without thinking twice.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank CaliShel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2004

The place seemed ok a first, for the price. Some of th staff had a hard time /w their English, or where just plain rude. THe sheets had burns in them, the place smelled funny, the housekeeping was rude and untrustworthy.

Then, on our last day here before we were about to move into a new apartment, our car, which was in a secure location in their parking lot right under a light post near the front office, was broken into at 8:00 AM - daylight. The theives not only broke the driver window, but popped the hood, unhooked the battery, and unloaded over $4000 worth of stuff for our new house, including a 32" TV.....with no witnesses.

If you like sub-par service, rude help, and being robbed in broad daylight, I suggest this dump. Otherwise, look closer to Boca or Delray.

Grand Rapids, MI.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2004

Put in a smoking room when I requested non-smoking. They were not able to change the room.

Cigarette burns in sheets. Mold in shower. Curtains mud brown at bottom from smoke. Ants all over everything, in my bags, and biting me.

Booked through expedia and they would not allow me to switch hotels without paying full price.

Book here if you smoke, don't bathe, and like bugs.

• Stayed January 2004, traveled on business