“Get a new housekeeper”

Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Get a new housekeeper”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

photos speak for themselves, rooms are damp, unclean, stained, TV didn't work, cat litter in the bathrooms,breakfast is costco waffles. We mentioned this to the front desk they took off one night, and said that housekeeping would come upstairs to clean the rest of the room, and they did, but the only thing we got were new lampshades and fresh towels.

Room Tip: flattening the hotel and rebuilding it is the only thing for this 50 yr old hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Englewood, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I am a traveling entertainer and I stay exclusively with La Quinta Inns when I am on the road. My agency and record label put us there for a reason.Because of the star studded quality that is carried by the La Quinta Inn name. I have stayed at over 150 La Quinta Inns throughout the US and over the past 5 years and I have never had 1 bad experience with a La Quinta Inn until this past Sunday May 26th when I arrived at The La Quinta Inn In Deerfield Beach located at 351 Hillsborough. The location was a little shaky from the start. But being a fair person I decided to go ahead and give them a chance knowing the excellent status that is carried by the La Quinta Inn name. Upon checking in. I noticed that the Lobby was not as clean as the usual La Quinta Inns from the past that I have stayed at. So I said oh well it's late and I was tired. I got my keys and went to my room and that is when the Norman Bates Motel from hell scenario kicked in. There were no sheets on the bed, The bathroom was filthy, There were no pillows or any towels in the room. The dresser was pulled out, and the room smelled awful. I went back down to the office and they gave me another room. It was a Handicapped accessible room because that is all they had. I went into the room put my things down and moved the pillow on the bed and that is when round 2 of the Norman Bates Motel from Hell scenario took full flight. There were bed bugs crawling across the pillows and in the bed. Oh My god this was a handicapped accessible room to.I took pictures with my cell phone and I picked up a pillow and took it to the office to show the desk clerk. That was it for me. I grabbed my things my girlfriend and went back to the office and told them to give me my money back and find me another La Quinta Inn in a better location. So I went down the street to another La Quinta Inn and it was a little bit better. I checked in there at 2:00 am after being totally exhausted from a long day of travel and being onstage for 3 a hour Concert earlier that day. Went to my room and found beetle bugs in the bed there. I am like you have got to be freaking kidding me. I went back down stairs and told them I was leaving. Then the Desk Clerk apologized and ask me to give them one last chance. By that time my girlfriend was absolutely Livid at that point. After I got her calmed downed. We went to the second room. It was better and they did everything possible to make our stay as comfortable as possible. Needless to say we checked in to the first hotel about midnight and did not finally get into bed until 4:00 am. The second location we went to was a whole lot better but yet it still lacked the 5 star status that is usually carried by a La Quinta Inn. They discounted the room for us like they should have and gave us back a portion of our money. It should have been comped 100%. Needless to say it is Wednesday morning May 29th , 3 days later and I am still waiting for the Norman Bates Motel from Hell scenario Hotel to release the hold on the funds that they have on my credit card. How dare them to do this to me. I am writing this review to notify all of my fellow travelers and fellow business associates that use La Quinta exclusively like we do. To stay away from the La Quinta Inn located at 351 Hillsborough in Deerfield Beach. It is a roach motel by my standards and is no way in hell worthy of the La Quinta Inn name. La Quinta Corporation. I strongly advise you to look at this review and send your representatives there to look this place over up and down. Because it is totally ruining your good name. There is no way in hell that this place is a La Quinta Inn status Hotel. Get rid of it are clean this place up now before it causes you to have a serious Lawsuit on your hand from someone getting sick there are even dying from contracting some kind of Disease from this place. This La Quinta Inn is totally unacceptable to carry the La Quinta Inn's name.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Willie M
North Kingstown, Rhode Island, USA
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Beware of the La Quinta Inn at the Deerfield Beach FL location (351 W Hillsboro Blvd, Deerfield Beach, FL), what a nightmare. We arrived late one night for our first night and could tell even in the limited light that the location was not up the modern La Quinta standards. Once in the room we seriously considered leaving but since it was a Saturday night we knew our other options would end up being very expensive. The place is filthy, old dirty rugs, shower head was installed for a 4 ft tall person, absolutely disgusting. Needless to say we stayed at another location for the rest of our trip.

Room Tip: Stay away from this location
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Grand Cayman
Reviewed March 14, 2013

After arriving at the hotel we checked in and being to settle in. I pulled open the iron board to press a shirt for the next day and found several hidden hypodermic needles. Very scary considering they looked used and one had the cap off.

The hotel moved us into another room - OK. That evening the keys stopped working and we waiting 20 mins for service at the desk. Getting upset! The next morning I awoke to leaf blowers and a jack hammer. OK now I'm Pissed!

The wifi is up and down every other hour to top things off.

Another Key problem and still can't get a real manager to call me back.

I'm done with this place and recommend you avoid it.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms all together.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank ConnerJH
Venice
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My Experience: Condensed Version

Checked into occupied room (342)
lightbulbs missing in fixtures (327)
carpet stained and filthy, bottom of feet turned black with dirt
paid for fridge and micro, neither food brought useless
outdoor entrance to room, dangerous for location
german cockroaches crawling all over bathroom and on walls.
complimentary breakfast. LOL
got out next morning.

If you would like to see my whole version check other sights

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

University Heights, Ohio
Reviewed March 10, 2013

As a rule, La Quinta seems to provide nice, quality rooms at a reasonable price. The La Quinta Inn Deerfield Beach seems to fit this perception. While not one of the more sterling properties in the La Quinta chain, this property will provide a good nights rest.

Located about halfway between Ft. Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, this hotel provides a pretty nice value for the money. The grounds are nicely maintained. As for the rooms and the commons areas, they are of average quality. While there is nothing spectacular to mention in this review, there is also nothing noteworthy to mention to lessen the overall rating.

It is best to have a car to get to this property. The hotel is roughly a mile off of 1-95 and less than a couple of miles from the Tri-Rail. The property is located on the North side of the road, but can be easily passed. It is best to look for the Wendy's on Hillsboro and pull into that lot.

Standing three stories tall, the rooms are entered thru outside entrances. The parking lot is a bit awkward in its layout, thus parking directly in front of your room may not be possible. However, the lot is not particularly large and therefore should not create a hassle getting to and from your car. The neighborhood appeared to be quiet and safe.

The location may not be ideal if you are heading towards a cruise out of one of the South Florida ports. But, if you have access to a vehicle and want to save some money, this is not a bad place to stay for a night. Breakfast is included for the price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple