“Business owner”

Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
Miami, Florida, USA
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Great service, rooms very clean, security on parking area, affordable price,, my number one choice. Make your reservation ahead of time and save money. My wife is very picky, but she Loves La Quinta and we had stay at 5 star hotels for $$$... But their prices are back to the 1960's

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed for one night when south Florida was buttoned up tight with visitors to a major ball game. First of all, all rooms are entered from outside the building, which makes me feel insecure. The towels were tiny, we wound up using the hand towels also to dry after a shower. The breakfast room is too small for the size of the property, and they ran out of the rather third rate food only one hour into breakfast. No fruit, lots of white bread.

Room Tip: The elevators smell, so get ground floor to avoid the stench
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cantbackup
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Filthy and uncomfortable. Toliet and restroom being the worst nightmare. The people in charge does not seem to care. Our toilet did nto flush properyl and was clogged. So the main purpose of bookign a hotel for overnight stay was served as I did not even feel liek brushing, bathing or even urinating in this hotel

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Try to stay away from this one...it is cheaper than the other one for a reason. Bad customer service, mosquitoes in the room and totally outdated facilities.

- The housekeeping wouldn't fill the coffee filters and the front desk wouldn't send more. They want me to "stop by" and pick up more?? Why?
- I requested linens to be changed daily, 3 days and the blood stain from the mosquitoes that I squished are still there.
- Breakfast area doesn't have paper napkins and the lady there flat out refused to find some and give me. I had to use the plastic cover left over from the muffin to clean out the waffle syrup out of my hands. Breakfast tables are not cleaned and you can still see the syrup stains.
- Front desk was OK at check-in but generally don't acknowledge you.

Room Tip: Stay away...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Jay S
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed in Dec 2012 , Great customer service allways helpful, Breakfast good but get there early during mon-friday. hours are 6:30- 9:30 am rooms were clean and updated, but never enough towels , have to go to front desk when you are out. request rooms inside not outside, very quite. Also wendys is right in front of hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank linda a
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This review is going to cover the good, bad and the ugly. Bottom line - while my room appeared to be recently renovated, and felt fairly clean and comfy - there were so many bad - even terrible - aspects to my stay that I have to suggest you find somewhere else to stay.

Check-in was smooth - I arrived early at about noon, but they had a room ready for me on the third floor. I was disappointed to discover that the rooms all had outside entrances. More disappointment when I find that there are only 8 non-handicap parking places that are on the same side of the same building where my room is located - there are at least 24 rooms on that side of the building so parking (at least where you can see your car) is a problem.

So I park at the next building over and hike back and up the stairs to the third floor to my room. The room looks fairly OK, new flat screen TV, hardwood floor in the bathroom area, clean carpet and reasonably clean looking room - bedding looks nice and there is a desk.

Turns out the WiFi is not working - at all. I call and ask about it, the front desk is sympathetic and offers to have someone reset the wireless access points. It is 2 days and much hassle before I actually am able to use their wireless internet.

The next morning when I get ready to shower, I discover that the only towels are dirty - one was a blue towel (not the hotel's) and left hanging on the back of the bathroom door, the other damp and folded up - and put back on the shelf above the toilet - when I moved it a used, disposable razor fell to the floor. No shampoo, no soap. It took 2 hours to get fresh towels, soap and shampoo. No apology, no explanation. The water pressure and temperature for the shower were all over the place - I'd get the temp comfortable and then suddenly the temp would drop 20 degrees as the water pressure would fall by 50%, I scramble to fix it and then I'd be scalded. Lather, rinse, repeat. Arghhh. I hate this dance.

When I go to retrieve my rental car, the passenger side mirror has been clipped by another car and broken. Since it was parked out of sight, I have no idea who did it or when.

The next night (I was there 4 nights) I started noticing that there were several young black men - early 20's who were loitering in the stairwell of the next building over. I started paying attention to try to see if this was just a couple of dudes having a smoke, or something more sinister. They were there from just after dark until the wee hours of the morning - until I gave up and went to sleep (they were still there). Occasionally one of them would duck into a room with all the lights off. The lights never went on in the room, and the guys were clearly keeping watch over the parking lot and the entrance to the hotel. For what purpose I can't say, but It was not reassuring to me, particularly since the other building (where they were posted - AND where my car was parked, had no security or street lights. The parking lot was very dark over there.

Overall, you MUST be able to find a safer, better place, but since the Ft. Lauderdale boat show was in town while I there, affordable rooms were scarce, so I toughed it out, but I will not stay there again.

Room Tip: To get a good, safe room - try a different hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank Mark R
A TripAdvisor Member
East Hartford, Connecticut, USA
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Rooms were very clean,Staff very friendly n caring,Third Shift Front desk staff was great very professional and helpfull.I enjoyed peace and even security walked around at night so not a single worry about our car or anything would deff recomend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo