“Another good time with family”

Comfort Inn Oceanside
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We loved this hotel, location, comfort and all the amenities; the staff treated us like their family. It is perfect for me and my family. The hotel was a very important fact for us to have a great vacations.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Oceanside

Reviewed April 10, 2014

First off, let me start by saying I had an excellent experience at the hotel.

A friend and I split the modest cost of the hotel room. We were both 20 and needed to have a consent form filled out by the parents of those paying. This went well no questions just a simple form to be filled out and we were all checked in.

Room:
The rooms themselves are exactly as we expected maybe even better. The beds were very comfortable and large. The sheets were clean. Bathroom was nice. Definitely worth the money.

Location:
The hotel is located about a block away from the beach. It is a very short walk and was not an inconvenience in any way. The beach was fantastic. Substantially better then the beach near the embassy suites where our friends were staying. A huge plus. The area seemed pretty safe at night. Most restaurants and shops are a short walk away from the hotel.

Service:
All employees of the hotel were very kind and helpful to us during our stay. One night my roommate lost his key card and the front desk clerk was happy to help him out. We also needed a shuttle service to the airport on our last day. The hotel clerk gave us the name of a gentleman who arrived quite 15 minutes early and offered a competitive rate. They are a very competent, welcoming, and knowledgable staff.

All in all the hotel served its purpose quite well. Will consider booking again. Great value!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Adam M
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I loved this hotel!
yes, the hotel was a little on the older side, but the staff was super friendly. the location was perfect, we parked our car ($10 parking fee) and could walk every where.. beach was only half a block away.. and within one block was a handful of delicious restaurants and stores.
the elevator was a little slow, but we used the stairs and then indulged in dessert each night.

we ate at Bob pizza ... great pizza.
the two fish restaurants had 1-2 hour wait (it was during spring break time)

Room Tip: it is a dog friendly hotel .. i would recommend asking to not be located by any dogs
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Rooms are clean, décor is basic, beds and bedding were very comfortable. It is an older hotel as the hallways needed nicer carpeting, but for the price it is not a bad place to stay. It is a short walk to the ocean and a short walk to restaurant's and bar and some beach shopping. Pool area is small, pool has a slide for children and for the adults there is Johnny Cocktails, you can get alcoholic beverages and burger and hot dogs on the grill if you wish from Johnny. Subway restaurant is right next to the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank liftergal
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

It is an older hotel in a hot location. Tidy rooms, considerate staff, great pool and a fun tiki bar. Go see Johnny and ask for a burger or hotdog on the grill. It maybe 2 blocks from the beach, and hosts a subway/ice cream shop. Excellent rates, wifi and very family friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

When I first arrived I was disheartened by hotel's age and wear. But overall the price and customer service--as well as location--gave this hotel its value.

The hotel was clean, had no odor, and was a mere block from the beach. The rooms were clean and comfortable. (Don't expect sealy posture pedic--but the beds were not uncomfortable.

The elevator worked the same as any other non-hi rise hotel. And the stairs are clean and accessible for those who want to be in more of a rush.

The customer service here is five stars. The staff were professional and friendly, worked as a team. They were positive and helpful. They made this hotel the gem that it is.
What minor things could be improved?
-hair conditioner in addition to shampoos and soaps
-don't expect a view of the ocean from your room.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Jenna S
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Before I start my review of the hotel, I would like to warn all of you on my booking experience which started when I was sent to a website from Tripadvisor. I thought I was booking via Expedia but was in fact a site pretending to be Expedia which goes by Travelnow and/or Travelscape. The site charged my credit card in full but when I got to the Comfort Inn they did not have my reservation nor did Expedia. When I called the number listed on the charge on my credit card, I got the Travelnow customer service that claimed I did book thru Expedia but my reservation was for the Quality Suites about 5 miles away. I didn't think this was the case but went to the other hotel and they did not have my reservation either. That hotel clerk believed I was scammed. Eventually I gave up with the Travelnow customer service and called to have my cc charge disputed. I wound up booking on my own with the Comfort Inn since rooms were still available. Do not trust any webpage Tripadvisor sends you to make your booking until they work this issue out

With regards to the hotel: Even though I wound paying a higher rate the first night, the hotel staff were able to get me a reduced rate (even lower than the initial rate I paid on the fake online reservation). They went out of there way to help myself and my pregnant wife and make sure we had a pleasant trip. The proximity to Deerfield beach is the key attraction for the hotel. There are very limited options on Deerfield Beach and the only major hotel near the Comfort Inn is the Wyndham (which I have stayed at in the past as well) which charges double the rate for a room. The Comfort Inn allows you easy access to the beach and the bars/restaurants without having to deal with all of the noise and crowding issues at the Wyndham and spend much less. In addition, the Comfort Inn has a great pool with a water slide and a small bar. The negatives are that the building itself is showing clear signs of aging. The beds and rooms are not nowhere as nice as those at the Wyndham (but again you are spending far less)

In summary:
Pros: Close access to beach, pool area, water slide, great staff
Cons: Building shows aging, quality of rooms

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor facing the ocean
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple