This Wyndham resort is a very, very special place. It is right on the beach and feels like it is part of the beach itself, due in part to the two fabulous indoor-outdoor restaurants where you can sit and look out over the ocean and relax. It's particularly wonderful if you work hard for a nonprofit more for the love of the cause rather than a paycheck and don't get to go the beach often! The atmosphere is cosmopolitan although very friendly and homey. The Patio Bar and Grill (one of the two restaurants) has fabulous food and Mary and the others behind the bar are awesome. Be sure to try the tuna tacos. They cook a big potato slice in the shape of a taco shell and fill it with little ruby-red pieces of raw tuna and an avocado cream and it's so good. And if you have breakfast at their Cafe Med, by all means ask for Annie. Annie is the sweetest waitress I've ever met. Just a doll. She will get your morning off to a a great start.
One thing to keep in mind: When I got there, the staff at the front desk told me I didn't have a reservation and they didn't seem over eager to help me figure it out. I guess they were busy. As it turned out, I had accidentally booked - through Expedia - my room at a different Wyndham, one down the road in Boca Raton. It all worked out in the end, but to management, you might want to make sure the front desk staffers are aware of this other Wyndham in case others make the same snafu. It would have been great if they could have explained that to me when I was trying to figure out what was wrong.
Other than that, it was a delightful and memorable stay and the beach at night there is magical. It's also located among many other restaurants and clubs within just a block or two so check out the Barracuda Bar and Grill, a cool Brazilian place just a block away. Amazing ceviche!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stunning new Oceanfront resort with incredible views, beach access and Ocean-side dining. Just 33 footsteps from the pristine Deerfield Beach. This 8-story hotel is conveniently located 5 minutes from Boca Raton, 25 minutes from Fort Lauderdale, 40 minutes from Palm Beach and 1 hour from Miami. Within easy walking distance to shops, restaurants and nightlife, the resort features include: Oceanfront guestrooms and Deluxe Suites with awe-inspiring views of the Atlantic, outdoor pool and Jacuzzi with Ocean views, fitness center, on-site bar and grill, banquet facilities, complimentary WIFI and wired Internet. Unbeatable hospitality makes this a perfect romantic, family or social event destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Deerfield Beach Hotel Deerfield Beach
- Howard Johnson Deerfield Beach
- Deerfield Beach Howard Johnson