But you can't hold the wind against them. We needed to get out of the snow, gloom and gray that has blanketed the northeast for what seems like years. We also decided to visit a relative we hadn't seen in years. Wanting a place right on the beach, not too far from Boca didn't leave a lot of options if we wanted a hotel and not a time share. Knowing that this is prime time for Florida beaches, I found a decent deal at the Wyndham and hoped that it wouldn't be crazy with college students on spring break. Nothing against college students on spring break - I have one of those myself. But the hotel was very family friendly with quite a number of families seeming to attend weddings or just escaping from miserable weather up north. The front desk staff is pleasant and a double charge was quickly fixed once I provided information. The rooms are sufficiently large for 4 people and the bathroom is nicely appointed. If you have young children ask about bath tubs because I had only a shower (a more deluxe shower head would have been nice) and I know that my kids weren't thrilled about showers when they were very young. The bed was very comfy and there were REAL pillows, not those mini square things that so many hotels seem to be using these days. The balcony is NOT a balcony. While the door does open, the cement ledge is only several inches wide and they are a safety hazard for toddlers. I ate breakfast in the cafe every morning. The coffee was great, the fruit platters were huge (maybe a little more yogurt and where was the banana on my last day?) and there was plenty of variety on the menu. I also ran in for a sandwich one night after a LONG happy hour and the grouper fillet was outstanding. Parking is pricey whether you valet or self park, but the wi-fi is free. The hotel provides beach towels. The work out room is really quite nicely appointed. But can you fix the TV's that do not work on the ellipticals and treadmills and why weren't NBC, ABC and CBS available on those TV's? You can only take so much of the Golden Girls. The beach is filthy. The sand itself is quite nice, but someone needs to clean the area up. Chairs and cabanas are available and are ridic pricey. If you are flying in, go around the corner to the cute little shop run by the Indian couple and pick up a nice chair for $16. I gave my chair to a young woman who was 7 months pregnant as I left the beach on the last day. If you are accustomed to the all inclusives of the Caribbean this is a let down. There is no drink service on the beach, but no one stops you from bringing a cooler of whatever you like. The restaurants will not let you walk out with a drink in a plastic cup. There is no WOW factor to this hotel and I think it is a little pricey for what they actually deliver. But I had 5 sunny warm days and the Wyndham made the trip very enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stunning new Oceanfront resort with incredible views, beach access and Ocean-side dining. Just 33 footsteps from the pristine Deerfield Beach. This 8-story hotel is conveniently located 5 minutes from Boca Raton, 25 minutes from Fort Lauderdale, 40 minutes from Palm Beach and 1 hour from Miami. Within easy walking distance to shops, restaurants and nightlife, the resort features include: Oceanfront guestrooms and Deluxe Suites with awe-inspiring views of the Atlantic, outdoor pool and Jacuzzi with Ocean views, fitness center, on-site bar and grill, banquet facilities, complimentary WIFI and wired Internet. Unbeatable hospitality makes this a perfect romantic, family or social event destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Deerfield Beach Hotel Deerfield Beach
- Howard Johnson Deerfield Beach
- Deerfield Beach Howard Johnson