We had a sixth floor room with an ocean view. The housekeeping staff were wonderful and even seemed happy, which is nice. Most of the employees seemed happy to help, actually. The beds and pillows were great, but I did not like the polyester duvet covers that made the bedding slide away at night while you slept. Cotton would have been nicer, because it stays put. The shower was very good as well.
The bad: breakfast was awful and very expensive for what it was. For example "challah" french toast was actually made with cheap standard texas toast style bread and for $10.95, I expect the maple syrup to be actual maple syrup, not flavored corn syrup fake stuff.
There was music BLARING nonstop. When I asked the front desk staff if it could be turned down, they said "it's not us, it's next door." That was a lie - the music was coming from the awful "Patio Bar" in the hotel. There was a live band and not a second's respite - when the band had a break, they would put on a DJ. I do not want to hear 70's disco for 8 hours straight every day on my vacation. You could hear it halfway down the beach. You could hear it in the hotel room with the doors shut. It was relentless.
The beach in front of the hotel is just a public beach, with very expensive concessions for chairs or umbrellas. It's not a clean beach either, with cigarette butts everywhere and people smoking or throwing their trash wherever they want.
If you want a nice $400/night resort, you can do a lot better than this in Southern Florida. I recommend you find a resort that has their own beach, and cares a bit more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stunning new Oceanfront resort with incredible views, beach access and Ocean-side dining. Just 33 footsteps from the pristine Deerfield Beach. This 8-story hotel is conveniently located 5 minutes from Boca Raton, 25 minutes from Fort Lauderdale, 40 minutes from Palm Beach and 1 hour from Miami. Within easy walking distance to shops, restaurants and nightlife, the resort features include: Oceanfront guestrooms and Deluxe Suites with awe-inspiring views of the Atlantic, outdoor pool and Jacuzzi with Ocean views, fitness center, on-site bar and grill, banquet facilities, complimentary WIFI and wired Internet. Unbeatable hospitality makes this a perfect romantic, family or social event destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Deerfield Beach Hotel Deerfield Beach
- Howard Johnson Deerfield Beach
- Deerfield Beach Howard Johnson