We have tried this hotel a few times because of the location and the last vist was the final straw with this this motel.Yes,they call it a Hotel yet the service level is what you would expect from a motel that rents by the hour.
When we arrived at the hotel the bellman was not at the entrance so I had to unload my own vehicle and push the lugagge up to the room myself and it goes down hill from there.
We booked an oceanfront corner room online and when we arrived at the hotel we were given the keys to room #301 which had a view of the wall from the pier to the east and the air conditioners of the restaurant roof attached with the to the north.Definitely not what was advertised.I went down to the front desk and spoke to the "Rooms dept Supervisor" Mr. Otto Duarte, and he moved us to room #715.Again,no bellman in sight so I move my own luggage for the second time.When we arrived upstairs to room #715 my wife found hair from a previous guest on the pillow and bedsheets which appears that this "motel" does not change the linens between guest visits.
I proceed back down to the front desk and ask for the general manger and I was informed by Mr.Duarte that the general manager is not and will not be on the property until Monday morning.The important part here is that the attempted stay at this property was on Easter Sunday.Mr.Duarte explained that although the property was full on a holiday weekend there was no management on the property to resolve issues such as these.So I load the luggage cart again after visiting two rooms,load up the car and make other arrangements for the night.
I hope the owners reads this review and hires competent staff who actually shows up on a holiday weekend to resolve issues such as these.Especially the sanitary issues and failure to follow proper health procedures by changing the linens between guests.
I would highly advise any future guest of this place to take a good look at the cleanliness of this property when you arrive due to the above sanitary issue, and the owners start from the top down and hire competant staff that has experience in the hospitality industry and actually shows up to work on a holiday weekend.From a business owners perspective,this review could of been avoided if the property was managed properly.
Another note to the owners of the property, I left my business card with the "front desk supervisor" Otto Duarte to have the GM call me to discuss the above issues and have yet to hear a word.This property has more then earned this scathing review for the public to read and hopefully they will not make the same mistake I did by booking with this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stunning new Oceanfront resort with incredible views, beach access and Ocean-side dining. Just 33 footsteps from the pristine Deerfield Beach. This 8-story hotel is conveniently located 5 minutes from Boca Raton, 25 minutes from Fort Lauderdale, 40 minutes from Palm Beach and 1 hour from Miami. Within easy walking distance to shops, restaurants and nightlife, the resort features include: Oceanfront guestrooms and Deluxe Suites with awe-inspiring views of the Atlantic, outdoor pool and Jacuzzi with Ocean views, fitness center, on-site bar and grill, banquet facilities, complimentary WIFI and wired Internet. Unbeatable hospitality makes this a perfect romantic, family or social event destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Deerfield Beach Hotel Deerfield Beach
- Howard Johnson Deerfield Beach
- Deerfield Beach Howard Johnson