“Exceded our expectations”

Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Reviewed June 28, 2012

What a great location for a great price! We ended up getting a good deal, especially for staying right on the beach. I would highly recommended paying a little extra for an ocean front view (on a higher floor). The view was amazing. I would say that the only downside was that it seemed noisier than other hotels I've stayed at, just in terms of doors slamming (not the guests themselves). That being said, we were right next to the elevator and the ice machine (so I would request a room away from the elevator). We plan on moving to FL soon and will highly recommend this hotel to our family and friends who visit.

Room Tip: One of the top floors, ocean view, away from the elevators (elevators are in the middle of the hotel...
1  Thank Vanessa630
There are newer reviews for Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort

Reviewed June 27, 2012

This hotel does not practice what they preach which is " GOING GREEN ", very shocking. At check in I was given a large envelope which includes room keys and a sheet of paper which has information about the hotel and the local area.I appreciate the effort of communication but I can't imagine how many rims of paper they use to print this information out and waste of ink. This management is not serious and they are just cutting trees, I wonder if the corporate office is aware of it. Why cant they print it out and leave it in the room instead of handing it out to each individual. Another disturbing part was having their WIFI password printed out on the envelope, Someone can easily hack into the network with the password. Why can't the staff print it out and leave it in the room which is less riskier than having it floating around in the parking lot. I stayed at several other Wyndham and they do it differently which is better. I wanted to speak with the GM, but he was not available to talk. This hotel does not seem to be very secure, there are no security personnel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank traveltime69
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My wife and I were very impressed by our long weekend at the Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort. The hotel location is great, the service was excellent, and the room was immaculate and very attractive. We had an ocean view room, the weather was pretty bad during most of the stay (the edge of a tropical storm) but even with bad weather the view was dramatic. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. I used the gym and the equipment was new and in perfect condition. The only complaint I had was that the "balcony" was non-functional. It's really just a ledge with a railing, I would have liked sitting oceanfront but there was barely enough room to stand. Other than that it was a great stay.

Room Tip: Ocean view is worth the extra cost.
1  Thank Rich_NJ_8
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Directly on the Beach, walking distance to many restaurants and bars. Hotel concierge Hedy was extremely helpful. Great views of ocean from room. Service was top notch. Food at hotel restaurant was outstanding as well.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We booked a Staycation package for an unfortunately rainy weekend, but lucky for us, we got a chance to rest. The beds were super comfortable and the pillows are yummy. The decor was very zen. The bathroom shower head was so good...wished I could take it home. Even the toiletries were nice. What a great find. My family had been here before the remodeling and boy, were they impressed. It was a quick hour drive from home, but what a great vacation.

We made it only once to breakfast. The pancakes were delicious. The staff was very nice.

The hotel is walking distance to several restaurants. We left the car with the valet all weekend!

Room Tip: We got room 517, a king with an ocean view. Spectacular choice.
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights and got an oceanfront room. I'm not sure what the regular rooms were like, but the oceanfront room was very nice.

The rooms are modern and the furnishings looked very new. They have a decent sized mini fridge and a safe big enough for a large laptop. There is also a good size flat screen TV in the room and satellite. The beds and pillows were super comfy. I slept through the night and that is unusual in a strange bed. The bathroom was large and in great shape (shower stall big enough for 3 if that's your thing:), and the view of the ocean is beautiful, even if the weather was crummy while we were there.

The exercise room is on the 2nd floor and is very well equipped with dumbells, modern Nautilus type machines, and a couple of each of the cardio machines (treadmills, stairmasters, etc.). Of course, despite good intentions as usual I only used it once.

The pool is not very large, but is decent sized and seemed to be somewhat heated, meaning the water was not exactly warm, but not cold either. I don't like water that is too warm as it's not refreshing, so this wqs perfect. There is also a large hot tub in the pool area.

There are 2 restaurants here, but we only ate at the Patio Bar. We had a nice breakfast one morning and also ate dinner there one evening. This place comes alive at night as it's right across from the beach, Beautiful views and a nice breeze. I had the sesame seared tuna and skirt steak satay and my wife had the grilled chicken cobb salad. Both were excellent.

Several other nice restaurants and bars are within walking distance of the hotel.

We also asked for and received an early check in 11:00 and late checkout 3:00.

Would definitiely stay here again.

Room Tip: As stated before, go for the oceanfront room. It's well worth the extra money.
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Great. great location, updated rooms and I felt great value. Front desk staff could use more help and a little more positive demeanor but thankfully I didn't have to deal with them very much. Great location to beaches and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
#5 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Comfort Inn Oceanside
Comfort Inn Oceanside
#10 of 18 in Deerfield Beach

Been to Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort? Share your experiences!