“I absolutely LOVED this place!”

Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I checked out on May 31st and I had myself a wonderful time at this hotel. I actually think the hotel should be rated as a 4-star vice a 3 1/2 star.

Anyways, if you don't want to read the lengthy details of my review, feel free to scroll to the bottom where I give an overall summary of my experience. Here goes...

Location, Location, Location:
This hotel is in the PERFECT location. Its positioned directly on Deerfield Beach, which is a public beach. There are lots of restaurants around that are within walking distance. Some are total bar dives while others are a bit swanky. You can tell the town is working on building up this area, as there's construction going on. I did my homework and requested a room in the south end of the hotel (away from the construction) and even still I could hear the noise in the morning, but for some reason the noise didn't bother me. It was drowned out by the lovely sound of the waves crashing against the beach. You don't need to rent a car, because like I mentioned there's so much right there in walking distance, to include a 7/11 convenient store, a few beach shops, and several restaurants, but I got a rental car anyways. If you have a car, just save yourself the hassle and pay for the hotel's parking lot which is positioned directly behind the hotel and is easily accessible via the door to the hotel's pool and jacuzzi area. To try and park anywhere else could turn into a nightmare. I would NOT recommend meter parking on the street, as you have to pay from morning to midnight with those things, so they'll bleed your pockets and there are NO PARKING/YOU WILL BE TOWED signs everywhere, so don't even think about parking somewhere for free. Just pay the $12 each day to the hotel for peace of mind. The hotel front desk will give you a piece of paper to place in your dashboard and they'll program your room key so you can access the uncovered parking lot to come and go as you please.

The Staff:
The staff was so nice and pleasant. You could tell everyone was there to make sure your staff was as pleasant, comfortable, and pleasing as possible. I got there on Memorial Day so there was a LOT of people on the beach and at the hotel at the time. It was definitely a party going on and the staff still seemed to manage making me feel like I was their only customer. The valet staff allowed me to leave my car out front while I checked-in and ran my luggage up to my room. The front desk kindly answered all my questions any time I had any. The cleaning staff was courteous and professional. The bar staff was insightful and helpful. The concierge (shout out to Hedy!) was the BOMB.COM. Hedy made my trip so wonderful. She is a jewel and Wyndham is lucky to have her. I don't have one bad thing to say about anyone who works there.

The Room:
Its true. An ocean front room IS WORTH THE MONEY HONEY! Don't get any other room if you're on vacation. Just pay the few extra dollars, because waking up to the sun rising over the Atlantic is worth it. I fell asleep every night listening to the waves crash against the beach. I was able to see how many people were on the beach prior to heading down to take a dip into the ocean. I totally recommend the ocean front rooms. The rooms are very modern. What you see in the pics are accurate. I had a double queen room. It came with 2 queen size beds with plush linen and lots of pillows, a flat screen television, a desk, a dining table with 2 chairs, a fridge, and all the other basic hotel amenities (e.g, hair dryer, iron, iron board, etc.). In the bathroom there's a huge walk-in shower that can accommodate multiple people and a lot of kinkery. No tub. The bathroom was accompanied by a raised glass sink bowl that didn't make a mess and sat on top of a large vanity so there was ample room for my toiletries. The floor isn't tile and it isn't wood. Whatever it is, its nice. There's a rug that sits in between the 2 beds. The rooms do not come with a microwave. However, one is available downstairs next to the front desk. Complimentary wi-fi is available. You can get the password from the folks at the front desk.

The Hotel:
Like I said, the hotel is in the perfect location. It has a small pool to the left of it and a jacuzzi. The pool and jacuzzi are cleaned each morning. Neither are manned around the clock, so there's no lifeguard on duty. The pool has depths that range from 3 feet to 6 feet. Its not very large at all. The jet rays in the jacuzzi run in 15 minute intervals. If you want jet rays, every 15 minutes you'll have to get up to turn them on. There are cabanas in the back of the pool that you can rent. The entire pool area is covered in pool chairs which are free. There are ample yellow towels kept at the back of pool that you can use. The pool has bathrooms. One for men and another for women. The hotel has bathrooms on the first floor, too. They are very nice. Very clean. Very modern. There is a very small business center that is not closed off. There's 2 desktop computers, some books, and I believe a fax machine. I used the computers. The internet was pretty fast. You'll need to get the password from the front desk. When you log off the computer anything you saved onto the computer will automatically be deleted. There's a patio grill restaurant connected to the hotel and positioned directly in front. They serve customers who are not hotel guests, too. One night they had a live singer there. You can sit outside on the patio or inside where there's A/C. The menu is basic bar food (e.g., wings, burgers, etc.). The bartender made weak drinks, but I didn't even get frustrated with that.

The Beach:
The beach is public, so if you go during a holiday expect lots of people! Be sure to bring your own beach chair because the guy who rents them on the beach will ROB YOU! LOL. The hotel does not provide beach chairs for the beach and to be honest ... they shouldn't. Its a public beach for Christ sake. If you want a beach chair, bring it with you or walk to one of the shops in the area and buy one. You can get one for less then $20, which is what it will cost you for a half day rental with the beach chair dude. There's a fisherman's pier that extends out into the ocean. They have benches on their for the romantics who just want to take a short stroll and appreciate the view. There are concrete benches on the sidewalks lining the beach and plenty of trash cans. Each morning I noticed there was a crew out at dawn cleaning the beaches to ensure they were free from debris.

Overall Review:

PROS: Location, Location, Location! The price. The staff. The rooms. You can't go wrong with Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort!

CONS: The only con I can come up with is the pool isn't manned. If you want to sip on a drink while you sun bath or relax in the jacuzzi, you have to walk to the bar/grill restaurant, ask for a drink, pay for it there, and it will need to be in a plastic cup as no glass is allowed in the pool area, then take it back with you. Since this is a resort, it would be nice if someone came out to the pool area and asked guests if they wanted to order from the drink menu. This is really my only complaint and it still doesn't deter me from giving this place 5 stars!

I'll DEFINITELY be back ... very soon!!!

Room Tip: Its true ... get an ocean front room. Totally worth it! Use the parking lot. Don't get your car...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank DCShoeDiva

Reviewed June 1, 2012

This is a very nice, clean hotel with an amazing view from the oceanfront room I stayed in. The staff was friendly and helpful. I loved the laid back atmosphere of Deerfield Beach. The Patio Bar and Grille leaves a little to be desired, as I wasn't crazy about the food or the frozen drinks (too much ice, no flavor), The other restaurant on the property, Cafe Med, was excellent! The only other negative was the noise from the construction going on next door, but it really didn't bother me much since I was too focused on enjoying my vacation! I would recommend this hotel and look forward to returning.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Valet and restaurant staff walks around showing off their tats and piercings, felt like I am at a tattoo shop, can they cover it up while at work? would look much more professional. they don't know how to pay attention to their guest, I was waiting for my car at the valet and this guy was on his cell phone texting.Everytime I come by the concierge desk, they are gone. . It was frustrating. There were dirty dishes at my door step, I didn't ever order room service. Does management not see all these. Its a shame how they run business at this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank inspetor74
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife and I spent 4 nights/5 days in an ocean-side room at this newly rennovated hotel. The view from our room could not have been better. Deerfield Beach is definitely a well kept secret. Wasn't overly populated. The hotel had all the ammenities of a first class resort: easy access from Ft. Lauderdale International airport, clean and comfortable rooms, free internet service, guest swimming pool & spa, valet parking, hotel self-parking lot, restaurant/lounge, beach front hotel, shopping and great restaurants within walking distance, etc.

We were especially pleased with the hospitality of the hotel and restaurant/lounge staff. The front desk personnel were always friendly and willing to accommodate our needs upon request. The restaurant/lounge personnel gave great service and recognized the hotel guests after just the first time my wife and I dined there. We were especially grateful to Lorraine for taking care of us in the hotel's Patio Bar. She was very delightful and we knew we would be taken care of when patronizing the Patio Bar.

I've traveled extensively and wouldn't hestitate to return to the Wyndham for a second vacation. I can't think of any negatives.

Room Tip: I'd definitely choose an ocean-side room. The view can't be beat.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Newly renovated, pretty view. Ocean view a must! Bathrooms are very pretty and the rooms are spacious. Nicely done! Construction across the street at the pier. New pier buildings... Restaurant and room service were good. Pool was nice. No complaints for a very decent price.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I did not stay here but I went to visit and it was spectacular I cant wait to go back and book with them. The beach in this area is so clean the sand is so white way better than las olas blvd beach although this is not such a party scene area. They have this really great resteraunt in the lobby that has 50% of the entire menu up until 4 pm. I was there almost everyday the food is great and for that price you cant beat it anywhere else. definatly a must stay especially with family only complaint there is no water sports on the beach.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank deejonera
Reviewed May 20, 2012

PROS: right by the beach, beach towels provided by the hotel, nice bar by the pool, ok restaurants around. Breakfast is not included by you can have it in the hotel restaurant with nice beach view and it's affordable

CONS: The hotel does not provide beach chairs and umbrellas, you have to rent it at the beach for $42/day or $22/two hours. It can take one hour to get to Fort Lauderdale with traffic. There is construction going on in the pier, and they started to make noise very early in the morning.

OVERALL OPINION: I would stay here again is I just want to relax by the beach without going much to Miami or FLL, and provided that I get a good price to compensate the umbrella rental and I know that the construction is over.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Royal Blues Hotel
#4 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort? Share your experiences!