“Very clean and comfortable”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Reviewed January 11, 2011

The people complaining about this hotel are being ridiculously picky. This hotel is not a four star hotel, but it is definitely an excellent value. I stayed here with my ten year old son for six nights during peak season and the price could not be beat ($60/night through priceline). It was very clean and the beds were comfortable. They offer a free workout facility, which i used three times while I was there and free parking. There is even free wifi (it doesn't work most of the time, so that needs to be fixed). The staff was friendly and accomodating. I have absolutely no complaints. The hotel is conveniently located near I95 so we just hopped on the freeway and drove up to Boca Raton or drove down to Fort Lauderdale to have our fill of fun. For the price we paid, it exceeded my expectations. People expecting a luxury hotel experience need to pay more and go to a different hotel or shut up.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Travelerfr0mNM
Write a ReviewReviews (1,123)

Reviewed January 10, 2011

I received this hotel after booking it with Priceline and for the value it was great. But there are problems with this hotel. They have renovated it very cheaply in a half hazarldly way. The heating system is antiquated and when we were down there we hit a cold spell and there was no heat in the rooms. In fairness they did send a handyman up to try and bleed the lines but it just couldn't be fixed so they gave us a baseboard heater to plug in and keep us warm. As well once they took off the ventilation plates there was a lot of mold in these old airconditiong heating systems running through the wall. They did eventually get the lines bled and were able to get the heat on but that took several days. The Television sets are the old style in old cabinets and the bathroom showers are just a cover up of what was there originally.The rooms themselves are quite nicely decorated and the beds were quite satisfactory. This is a nice hotel with great potential to be a 5 star hotel but they have to invest a few more bucks to bring it up to standard. The pool area is realy quite nice and they have good facilities for wifi in the lobby and through the rooms as well and lots of room for parking. Now for the positive! The manager of the hotel Mr Sean Lazan has got to be one of the best hotel managers I have ever met in a Hilton. He did everything humanly possible to make our stay as best as he could considering the circumstances. When the problems arrived he was on the spot to make it right and even offered us a full refund because of the heat situation and even went as far as calling other hotels to find us other accomodation if we should decide to leave. This man had incredible patience and is for the customer every step of the way. Hilton should have more managers like this!! All in all the weather broke and we didnt need heat and the rest of our vacation was quite enjoyable. Would I stay there again, most probably like I said its a great hotel that has been renovated but needs tweeking and a new heating system

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shakenotstirred
Reviewed January 5, 2011

I am a frequent business traveler to south florida and traditionally stay in Boca at The Marriott Renaissance. I have high expectations for hotels and service, as I believe anyone should when traveling and spending a substantial amount of money for lodging.
This time I was traveling to South Florida for business and because it was the holidays decided to bring my family with me. We booked the hotel through Priceline and when I saw the Hilton brand pop up, I felt comfortable with the choice. Boy was I wrong. This Hilton is not a corporate Hilton - it is a franchise...and believe me, there is a difference. The rooms are extremely small - in fact the bathroom is so small that there is approximately 1 inch clearance between the door when it is open and the toilet. The windows are small, and the television is small and old tube style. The room was musty. For the first 3 nights, we lay awake because we were on the same floor as a girls basketball team. Why they would knowingly put a family with small children on the same floor as a high school basketball team is beyond me. We finally switched rooms. No offer to help us, or an apology. Just "please make sure you call us when you are out of your old room, so we can close the account".
The staff at the hotel are not customer oriented. During a 7 day stay I was never greeted with a hello , or anything from anyone. Even my 10 year old son asked why no one ever said hi...
My last comment is in regards to the lack of care and action taken by the management team at the Hilton. I sent them an email following my stay over a week ago to discuss my unhappiness and express my dissatisfaction and have yet to hear back from them (please note that this was not a letter asking for anything... just one letting them know what went on, and if this was proper protocol)

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2011

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your visit to our hotel. I am so sorry that your experience was less than you expected. While we never wish for negative comments, these are what help us learn where we might be falling short. Please accept the sincere apologies of the entire staff and our invitation to give us another try to prove that we are much better than we demonstrated when you were here. Please consider our invitation and contact me personally regarding your accomodations at walter.chapman@hilton.com.

Walter Chapman

Reviewed December 21, 2010

Traveled from NJ to visit with relatives. I usually stay at the Spring Hill Suites By Marriott in Boca. This time I took a chance on Priceline.com. Although the price was much less, I was not impressed with this hotel at all. The "first" room that my cousin and I checked into had some major problems. The TV kept shutting off every 10 minutes and we couldnt get an internet connection on our laptop..something promised on the hotel website. So after complaining, and after checking 4 more rooms for a good internet connection...we finally found one where the computer got a good connection. This is not unusual according to the technician that was sent up to help us. Yes, the computer area in the lobby offers use of computers and a printer but only TWO computers were available to use, that is if you didnt have to wait for one to be free. The staff was very nice and accomodating, the bed was terrific, room was clean, even tried the exercise room which was nice. The Starbucks coffee bar closes wayyyy to early in the evening. A bottle of water cost $3, and the breakfast is a little pricey. Next time I will stay at the Marriot where every room is a suite, with a fridge and microwave, sitting area and a really really nice FREE breakfast buffett. Sometimes saving a few dollars isnt worth giving up the good ammenities.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed November 7, 2010

We are generally fans of Hilton. This one does not impress. They closed the pool area due to a wedding event (without prior notification) and service at the restaurant was terrible (yes I know they don't officially own the restaurant -but when its on your premises and is the eating establishment used by your guests, you take responsibility). Place was slightly run down looking. Overall, not horrible but really not impressed.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2010

I would defiantly stay here again. The hotel restaurant and bar is amazing, with great food and drinks as well as friendly staff. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The location was perfect. I loved it. Stay here in the off season for great room rates and a nearly deserted pool and beach.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2010

This hotel needs a major make-over! The rooms are way over due, the rest if the hotel seems stuck in a different decade. Location is probably only good for people travelling I-95 by car.
Otherwise there are much nicer hotels both for business and pleasure close by.

• Stayed: September 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield Beach
Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
#1 of 19 in Deerfield Beach
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield Beach
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield...
#2 of 19 in Deerfield Beach
Best Western Plus Deerfield Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western Plus Deerfield Beac...
#8 of 19 in Deerfield Beach
Waterstone Resort & Marina Boca Raton, Curio Collection by Hilton
Comfort Inn Oceanside
Comfort Inn Oceanside
#12 of 19 in Deerfield Beach

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton? Share your experiences!