DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Oxfordshire
“Shabby and dirty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2007

We were booked for two nights at the end of May. But this is the first time I have ever found a hotel so dreadful I could not stay. The refurbished reception lobby belies the very poor state of the rest of the hotel. The bedroom we were allocated on the executive floor was very shabby - stained walls together with dated, scratched and worn furniture - and the bedroom carpet had not been vacuumed and the bathroom floor not been cleaned, with hairs all over the floor. Very unpleasant. We asked to be moved and were directed to another room on the same floor, and this was equally shabby and also overlooked a noisy air conditioning unit. So we asked to be moved again and were then allocated a junior suite on the same floor - but still the same worn, scratched and shabby furniture, this time also including holes in the fabric of the armchairs. The corridor carpet was filfthy and looked as though it had not been vacuumed for days. The reception staff did their best to be helpful, but we could not face staying and transferred to the new Hilton hotel in Fort Lauderdale which is brand new, has a beachside location and is quite superb; and even though there is construction work going on both sides we felt that was far preferable to the shabby surroundings of the Deerfield Beach Hilton. The Deerfield Beach hotel is not up to Hilton's usual standard.

• Disliked — Dirty and shabby
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank trip advisor member 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Omagh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2007

We arrived in the area tired after a long flight from South America and were allowed to stay on a travelsaver coupon for almost a week even though the rate should have changed during the week. This mainly a business hotel but the rooms are excellent although the executive club is a little limited. The breakfast we received (complimentary due to HHonors) was excellent as a continental breakfast but the staff in the breakfast room were laid back to put it mildly. Overall an excellent hotel, short drive to the beach and right by the highway.

Stayed January 2007
4 Thank DarrellNI
Tampa, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2006

This Hilton was farther from the beach than desired but right off I-95. The lobby is beautiful, the rooms were average. The carpeting in the hallways was dirty and could have used a good vaccuming. The hot-tub worked well. Our stay was free from seeing a time-share sales pitch, however if we had paid full price, I would have felt ripped-off.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank veggiesrock
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2006

My wife and I had stayed at the Hilton in December and were not happy at all at the state of the renovations. It had potential, but...WOW!
I had to return to the area for business and our company had made our arrangements with the hotel. I was amazed at the total transition! The lobby that had previously been non-existent was now vibrant and sleek. Their were people relaxing having drinks in the lobby and genuinely having a good time. I have to mention Thomas, the bellman, was attentive and was there to save the day when I started to trip over my jacket. Thanks Thomas! The front desk staff had a few new friendly faces and were excited to tell me about the new restaurant, Starbuck's coffee shop and the fitness center. My favorite part of my entire stay was the bed! The rooms were bright and spacious. The desk chair the ergo chair made my after hours more bearable. I would definitely return and would highly recommend this hotel!

8 Thank susford
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2006

I found this hotel because I am a loyal Hilton guest and was visiting the Boca area for business. This was a great hotel, I've never had such friendly and personal service. If you ever go please look for Mercedes...she's the best customer service attendant I've ever encountered. The restaurant is really cool too.
Great Location and Service, I'll definitely return and reccommend my friends.

3 Thank fragoo
Middleton, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2006

Although I had read the warnings from other reviews, I booked a business stay here from Feb 27 - Mar 3, 2006; given the season and short notice of my trip, my options were rather limited. I requested a room away from the renovations and was put in 710, on the HiltonHonors floor. Foolishly, I thought this would be a good thing.

The furniture in my room looked relatively new and stylish, but I was surprised at how small the room was. The bathroom was so small there was barely an inch of clearance to the toilet when opening the door. I also noticed a large crack in the plaster near my desk.

Shower water pressure was lacking, and the water didn't seem to warm up until I was over half-way through my shower. My remote control didn't work, my phone had a horrible connection and the backlight on my clock didn't work, so I had no idea what time it was when waking in the middle of the night.

I asked for some of these service issues to be taken care of Tuesday while I was at work. I came back to my room that evening at 8:00pm to find that not only had none of the service issues been addressed, but my room hadn't been cleaned!

The restaurant wasn't serving dinner, but a breakfast buffet was available. The first morning I ended up with curdled milk on my cereal. Two days later there was still out-dated milk cartons in the buffet. Every 2nd or 3rd plate in the buffet stack was dirty, even though it had been "washed".

From that second day on, I went round and round with various managers of the hotel. I had to continually follow up with them; my calls were not returned for days, if at all. They finally comp'ed my 1st night ... which helped my company (since they were paying), but still did nothing to satisfy me. Although I was there for 4 days, even the room credit was not resolved until 2 days after I left. And it took me 3 phone calls the following week to get a corrected copy of my bill.

This was the most horrible hotel experience I've had in years. I would NEVER stay at this property again!

6 Thank Kristin F
daytona beach,fl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2006

We had booked this 3* property for one night , arriving on 2/11/06 using a Hilton Honors reward certificate.
We chose this property over the Hampton Inn because of the Hilton name, expecting better quality.
The exterior of the pyramid shaped building leads one to expect a luxurious hotel. The Hilton is anything but.
The property lacks a parking attendant and bellman.
The lobby is sparse and stark--mostly dark and dreary.
Check in was efficient, as we were the only guests at the time. I inquired about renovation, as I had read that the hotel was undergoing renovation and the hotel's own website fails to mention anything about renovation. The clerk, Reinhard, explained that the renovations were nearly completed but that the restaurant was CLOSED;however, breakfast and dinner would be served in a meeting room and room service was available from 11AM to 10PM. This was Valentine's weekend--dinner in a meeting room is not an intimate, romantic evening. Neither is room service for breakfast after 11AM. Had we been made aware of either of these facts prior to our reservation, we would have chosen a different property.
We were assigned room 625,a king bedded non-smoking room. Upon entering the rather shabby elevator, we noticed that the walls were badly dented . When the elevator arrived on the sixth floor and the doors opened, we saw threadbare, stained carpeting. As we went down the hall to our room, a piece of our luggage became entangled with housekeeping's trash. We could not extricate the trash and had to drag the trash into our room.
When we finally opened the door( after the third try), we were met with a foul odor. The carpeting was threadbare and filthy, with numerous stains and burn marks throughout. This was supposed to be a non-smoking room. We immediately left and went back down to the front desk to request a clean, non-smoking room. The clerk, Collin, explained that they didn't have any more non-smoking rooms, but that we could have a "smoking optional" room. We explained that non-smoking was a medical necessity, and were still refused another room. Because hotel management could not provide a non-smoking room, we checked out. We requested assistance in booking another property, but were flatly refused. As a final insult, we were informed that because checked in /"cancelled" less than 24 hours prior to checkin, we would forfeit our Hilton Honors certifcate--management was keeping it as payment for a room that we never stayed in!!

6 Thank dpoli
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield Beach
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
#1 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,300 reviews
Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield Beach
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield...
#3 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
BEST WESTERN PLUS Deerfield Beach Hotel & Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS Deerfield Beac...
#7 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Waterstone Resort & Marina Boca Raton, Curio Collection by Hilton
Comfort Inn Oceanside
Comfort Inn Oceanside
#10 of 18 in Deerfield Beach

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton? Share your experiences!