“Great Value, Service in Boca Raton - Deerfield Beach”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Although this appears to be an older hotel in general, it is very well maintained, and the property must have been recently refurbished. The staff is attentive, and all the amenities are spot on. The buffet breakfast in the restaurant is quite tasty, although overpriced (fortunately I had vouchers since I booked the Bed & Breakfast room rate).

I stayed at this property in order to visit my aunt who lives a few miles away, and I would definitely return on my next trip.

Room Tip: Try to grab a corner room on a high floor; if you're on the east side of the building, you'l...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit your aunt.

walter.chapman@hilton.com

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The room was clean and inviting. The breakfast and snack offers were delicious and the Concierge was helpful and very pleasant. I would always stay at a Hilton hotel in the future. The service was excellent. The location was perfect for my needs.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for writing about your stay at our hotel. We are always happy to hear from satisfied guests. Please try to come back again.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This past weekend we attended the Oktoberfest in Lake Worth, Florida and needed a hotel in that area. The DoubleTree Hotel in Deerfield Beach, immediately off I 95, was recommended when I checked for Hilton Honor specials and turned out to be a great choice. This resort hotel is a little dated, but is in very good condition. All of the facilities that we saw were of at least 3.5 star quality. We had a large room with two comfortable queen beds, two chairs, one of them a lounge chair, ample bathroom and other amenities. This is a full service hotel with conference rooms, restaurant, pool area, bar and lounges. Our room rate for the two-day weekend, including tax, came to only $168.00. I can comfortably recommend this hotel to anyone who is in the Deerfield Beach area. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Glad you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I just returned from a wonderful stay.the rooms large and very clean.the lobby spectacular.they run a frr shuttle that will take you anywhere within a five mile radius.they have a nice pool and hot tub.a restaurant with seating outside also.food good and plenty of it.the staff great Carla at the dining room so sweet and a great waitress.all the staff at the dining area wondrrful.super friendly makes u feel at home and cant do enough for you.the front desk also great one man in particular,was able to get us adjoining rooms sorry didn't get his name but a short cut grey hair .but again I cant say enough about the staff at this doubletree.one night even the manage I think of dining room came over to see if everything was okay.it is in a quiet of the main drag afrea but go a short ride and plenty of shops and reataurants.and of course the chocolate chip cookies warm and chewy.i would definetly recommend this hotel .the beach is close by and they will drop u off in the free shuttle,saves from parking which is around 12.00.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon. I have shared your comments with Carla and Thomas.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I needed a quick one night stay anywhere in the area as the property I was moving to had a much better rate to check in on a Monday. Since I stay in the South Florida area 2-3 weeks per month, finding a new property to try and be able to review is always fun.

This hotel has SO MUCH going for it including some good rates especially in this non-peak time of year. If you are not a big party person that needs to be in Miami or Fort Lauderdale, this part of the region is gold. The Deerfield/Pompano/Boca beaches are second to none and far less crowded. The free parking is nice and was ample near doors.

I was pleased at check-in to be upgraded as a Diamond member. They said I was in a duplex room which I assumed to be a 2 room suite. Yes but not next to each other....2 floors which was kind of neat. The good was that someone could be louder downstairs watching TV or working while the other relaxed upstairs. The 2 rooms were narrow but served the purpose. The downside was that you have to hoist your bag up the stairs to your room. Both upper and lower had nice bathrooms. The TVs on both floors were also very nice. In the bedroom, it was mounted up near the ceiling to make viewing easy from bed. I gather this was formerly a HIlton and the bed is still a Hilton bed which is perfect by me. The couch (pictured) was one of the nicest soft leather couches I have ever sat on especially for a hotel room.

So why the 3.5-4 point review? A few things jumped out as having an opportunity to be better. First, the pool area is very nice except for the hoard of smokers outside of the bar that filled the pool area with smoke. Kind of disgusting to be out enjoying the supposedly fresh air. It was not anywhere near a capacity night there either and the smoke was pretty heavy even on the far side at the hot tub. Next, the hot tub had one jet that was more like a circulation jet than an actual jet. Nice tub, no water movement. Needs to be upgraded. Lastly, the breakfast for Diamonds is in the executive lounge. Most Doubletrees do full breakfasts in their dining area vs. shuffling you off to a lounge. What made this harder to enjoy was that there are just a few tables and a couch/coffee table. No place to sit and eat even with low attendance. The host stood and watched while coffee was empty, OJ was empty and the fruit tray was empty. It was still very early so I could not understand the lack of items and the apathy by the host to take care of it. They need to either close the lounge and give the elites the full breakfast or expand the lounge to accomodate the business travelers.

I would stay here again as long as the rate was right. They need to visit some other established Doubletrees and learn how it is done.

Room Tip: The duplex rooms are a neat feature not found elsewhere. High rooms are always in my suggestion box...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback on your visit. Glad you enjoyed the townhouse suite. Thank you also for your comments on our Hilton Honors lounge. I have shared your review with all our staff. We will definitely consider your suggestions regarding the lounge and you can let us know if we are improving on your next stay.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Just a few kind words to thank the hotel and Michelle Brooks for being wonderful to us while we plan our sons Bar Mitzvah for 2014!
The Ballroom is spacious, the lobby looks beautiful, and their Bar Mitzvah package is great in value and quality.
Michelle has jumped in and been responsive, accommodating and is a pro. Also, they provide the guest of honor with a great room the night of the event!
Due to this service I have sent my brother and his law firm there for their conferences and recommend it to all to check out!

• Stayed: September 2013
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for writing about your experience at our hotel. I am happy that you were pleased and have shared your comments with Michelle and the rest of the team.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Service, room quality, all that would be fine if it was a room under $100 a night....it is very old and not well cared for. Toilet didn't work, no food there or in the neighborhood, housekeeping was poor.... sigh....

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield Beach
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
#1 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield Beach
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield...
#2 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Best Western Plus Deerfield Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western Plus Deerfield Beac...
#6 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Waterstone Resort & Marina Boca Raton, Curio Collection by Hilton
Comfort Inn Oceanside
Comfort Inn Oceanside
#10 of 18 in Deerfield Beach

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton? Share your experiences!