DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Deerfield Beach
San Diego, California
“Hotel Option!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel, location, rooms and also excellent meals in the restaurant. The younger gentleman at the front desk the also drives the shuttle in the morning has EXCELLENT SERVICE SKILLS ! Restaurant staff was great and food was superior.

Stayed November 2012
3 Thank whytraveldotcom
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thanks so much for your recent comments. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

walter.chapman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Inverness, FL
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This hotel was the site for an annual conference. Check in was a hassle because of the number of people arriving at the same time around noon to attend a one o'clock presentation and not enough people to serve us. We could not check in until 3 PM or later and we waited in long lines to do so. It would have been nice if the hotel had some place for us to leave our luggage until we could check in.
The lobby gives a good impression but the rest of the facility left a lot to be desired. The only restaurant on premises was pricey and pretty average. There was a setup for a "snack bar" in the lobby but it was not active. That would have been a good place to get a quick lunch before the presentation.
The conference attendees were given tickets for "free" breakfasts. On the first two mornings of the conference, the food was set up in the hall in front of the ballroom. Choices were limited and unappetizing - housed in warmer trays. Cereals were not among the offerings. A comprehensive collection of beverage choices was the best part of the meal.
Two lunches were included in the price of the conference. Again, the choices, mainly cold cuts and bread and rolls, were set up in the hallway. The best part was a nice selection of fresh fruit. Although I had opted for a gluten-free menu, the only substitution for the wheat-based bread and rolls was potato chips.
The banquet dinner consisted of pretty average fare...with chicken breast as the entree. The kitchen appeared to be unprepared for my gluten-free needs when it came to the dessert. The standard dessert was chocolate cake. It took about ten minutes for the kitchen to give me the option of ice cream or fruit cup. I chose the ice cream and had to wait about another fifteen minutes to get it, after asking twice about it.
On the third morning, we had a nice breakfast in the restaurant, where we had many more appetizing choices than the previous two days.
The rooms were average and did not contain a refrigerator or microwave. Those could be obtained for an additional $10 a day charge. Regulation of room temperature was a bit of a challenge, varying from too warm and stuffy to too cool.
This hotel is definitely not of the quality of other Hilton Hotels I have stayed at.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tomjackfl
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for your frank comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize for the short comings you pointed out as guest comfort and convenience are very important to us. I have reviewed your comments with our Front Desk and F&B teams to make sure we understand guest expectations.
I hope you will consider giving us another chance if you are back in the area.
Please contact me directly and I would be happy to make the arrangements.

CHICAGO
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I travel quite a bit in my business (I am a genealogy and family history speaker, author and educator) so I stay at many places including Hilton and DoubleTree hotels.

The Deerfield Beach property has just undergone a renovation and not only is there a great look and feel to the place, but I can't say enough about the friendly staff.

I spoke at a state conference and I have to say this was one of the better conferences I've attended in 2012 thanks not only to the organization sponsoring the event, but also to the DoubleTree staff.

My room was not ready when I arrived, but after a quick call to housekeeping, I just had to wait a few minutes and I was ready to go to my room and do some work. I enjoyed several meals at Bobby Bahia's and the bar selections are excellent!

I did stay on the Concierge level and the rooms were large, lots of amenities, and always clean. The important part is that it was quiet - conducive to sleep and to work!

Hopefully I'll be back in Deerfield Beach in the near future and I'll be staying at the DoubleTree!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are always happy when our guests take the time to tell everyone how much they enjoyed their visit. Your comments have been shared with our staff.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Westport, Ireland
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Am in town for business for a few days and booked the Hilton thinking that "Hey, it's a Hilton, it'll be nice". Not so much... It's right off of I-95 which makes it really noisy. The rooms have thin walls - i.e. As I write this I'm listening to my neighbors dog barking like crazy (don't even know if the hotel allows dogs). The commode wasn't clean. I'd requested a refrigerator in the room and was told it was an extra $10.00 per day, even though the web site states that refrigerators were standard in each room.
Last night I stayed in a Courtyard by Marriott and the room was nicer and larger than this Hilton. 2 more night here, but so far I'm not impressed.

Room Tip: Perhaps request one on the east side of hotel as the interstate is on the west, and is quite noisy.
1 Thank trvlerjenn
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit to our hotel. I am sorry that you were unhappy with your accomodations. I shared your comments regarding your bathroom with our housekeeping staff. As a pet friendly hotel, we try to be diligent to insure that someone's pet does not intrude on other guest's peaceful enjoyment of their accomodations.
I hope you will consider staying with us again if you are in the area.

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 22, 2012

No valet parking, but not needed. They do need more check-in help. Room was nice, not elegant but no dump either. It was perfectly fine for a couple of nights. No complaints. Clean, up-to-date. Bathroom was good. Overall a decent place. Would I recommend it as a 5 star hotel, No...........but if you are looking for a hotel in the area that is comfortable and clean. Don't be concerned. I had a group rate of about $80 per night and it was well worth that. Would I pay $175....nope......

Overall assessment, not bad if the price is right........don't pay a premium price and you will be fine.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your honesty. We look for reviews to provide insight into our property and your comments will help us to continue evaluating our current offerings. We will make sure our staffing needs are met so that guests can get through our check-in and check-out process fairly quickly and efficiently. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share that could help make us your number one hotel choice in the area.

Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed there this weekend. The first night was okay. The second night my sister turned off the AC and smoke filled our room. We couldn't even breathe in the room. We went down to the front desk and the rep said that was normal because the heat doesnt get used often and dust settles. We went back up and the smoke was unbearable. We went back to the front desk and the rep said he could literally smell the smoke on us. Maintenance came up and said that was NOT normal. He had to put on a GAS MASK to enter the room. All our clothes smelled like smoke.

They moved us to another room and offered us free breakfast. We woke up the next day and found baby ANTS moving around in the sheets we had just slept in. The front desk agent said "There is not excuse but this is Florida." HELLO?! So all Florida hotels have bugs crawling through their sheets. Also do not deal with the front desk. Elizabeth is condencing and will LIE straight through her teeth. She initially told us their was no manager there then 30 minutes later the Food and Beverage manager comes to help.

DO NOT STAY HERE YOU WILL REGRET IT!

Room Tip: Stay somehwere, ANYWHERE else!
2 Thank Britt N
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your frank comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize for the difficulties you pointed out as guest comfort and safety is our highest priority. I have reviewed your comments with our Front Desk and Maintenance teams to make sure we understand guest expectations. Our Maintenance team has corrected the issues with the room.
I hope you will consider giving us another chance if you are back in the area.
Please contact me directly at 954-422-1773 and I would be happy to make the arrangements.

Thank you again.

Fort Myers
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Had a nice stay at this Hilton property. Was there for work and had a number of meetings to attend. The room was spacious and nice. The furnishings were a little worn, but otherwise fine.

I was a little disappointed that they didn't have rooms ready at a reasonable hour. I had to wait a few extra hours, and then didn't get the room type I had requested because it still wasn't ready yet. The staff said they had a lot of cruise passengers checking out, which delayed the turn around.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
dfld, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and the fact that we were sold out is no excuse for this situation. We thank you for choosing our location and hope you will return to experience a great level of service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield Beach
Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach - Resort & Spa
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort
#1 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield Beach
Hampton Inn Boca Raton-Deerfield...
#2 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Comfort Inn Oceanside
Comfort Inn Oceanside
#11 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Best Western Plus Deerfield Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western Plus Deerfield Beac...
#7 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
Waterstone Resort & Marina Boca Raton, Curio Collection by Hilton

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton? Share your experiences!